Cylindrical pano - distortion of the horizont

• Hi guys,

I've been trying to find an answer for this for some hours now but no success. I am trying to create a 360 degree multires cylinder and I have been using the 'MAKE PANO (MULTIRES) droplet' file for that. Now that seems to work. More or less - my pano always seems to have very curved horizon. (see the attached image).

How could I make it straighter? I would actually prefer it to be totally straight. I assume this is because of the camera is too high but I have no idea how to put it lower. This one is a good example what I am trying to achieve - http://www.fanbolero.com/americacruzazulfc2013/ - I don't really see much distortion there.
    Any help appreciated, thanks!

Btw, excellent work on this piece of SW, will be purchasing license soon.

EDIT: ok, as far as I see the site I provided uses voffset and the type of their pano is 'cylinder', while mine, despite setting cylinder in the dropplet, is type 'cubic'. How can I generate a real cylindrical multires pano?

• Hi,

the problem is that that horizon isn't in the center of the image.
    And the tools or the viewer have no possibility to know that to correct that by their self.

When not using the 'to-cube' conversion, then it would be possible to shift the image up and down by at runtime by the voffset setting.

But when using the cube conversion, then the image itself need to edit - either extend the top or the border of the image (e.g. with black color) to move the horizon in the image into the image center.
    The viewing limits can be set manually later in the xml to avoid seeing the black extended areas.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi Klaus,

Thank you for your response. Yes, that's exactly what I was thinking (yesterday I actually tested it with setting voffset and even by editing the image so the horizon is in the center - both worked).

The problem is that to use voffset I need to have a cylindrical pano and I don't know how to make that, no droplet seems to export this (unless I am doing something wrong, of course). In the examples I found this xml:
    <krpano><display details="24"/><image type="CYLINDER"><cylinder url="cylinder.png"/></image></krpano>

Which of course works fine for me as well but it is a single image one, I really need it multires (super important as I am using a huge image) - so the question is how to achieve that? Which droplet/program to use?

EDIT: the 'to-cube' conversion you mentioned - what's that and how to unset it? Cos indeed it makes a cube automatically in the droplet.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!