You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to krpano.com Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Thursday, November 27th 2008, 8:12pm

Sharp loss in center...

Hi, I notice a sharp loss in the center of the screen (clearly visible with small details : http://www.parispherique.com/panos/bourb…ne/balaine.html
Is it a known problem ? Is it my eyes ;) (I don't think so) ? Does it come from my parameters ?

<display fps="60" movequality="HIGH" stillquality="HIGH" tessmode="0" />

<view hlookat="0" vlookat="0"
fov="70" fovmin="60" fovmax="80"
fisheye="0.35" fisheyefovlink="0.5"
architectural="0.60" architecturalonlymiddle="false"
/>

Will it be fixed in a later version ?
Regards,

David

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "sagedavid" (Dec 16th 2008, 9:41pm)

Saturday, November 29th 2008, 8:51pm

Hi,

this seems to be a hidden "flash" feature - mipmapping :

http://www.kaourantin.net/2007/06/mip-map-what.html
http://livedocs.adobe.com/flex/3/html/he…Bitmaps_10.html

when a image is rendered at a reduced size, flash uses internally a downsampled version of it,
but normally this should increase the image quality (fewer aliasing) and better performance (fewer memory to read),

but if you don't like it - the flash10 render doesn't do this anymore (good or bad? decide yourself )

best regards,
Klaus

Saturday, November 29th 2008, 11:59pm

...the flash10 render doesn't do this anymore (good or bad? decide yourself )...
Flash 10 (the last release) is installed on my computer, and the problem is the same... May be with a final version, or when krp will be optimized :S ...

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "sagedavid" (Nov 30th 2008, 12:09am)

Sunday, November 30th 2008, 9:37am

I mean with the next krpano version 1.0.8, it uses the new flash10 rendering possibilities,
it's almost ready now, I hope I can finish and release it next week

Monday, December 15th 2008, 3:24pm

Ok, it's far better with 1.0.8beta !
Maybe a little too sharp, now :whistling: ... :D

Tuesday, December 16th 2008, 8:26pm

Ok, it's far better with 1.0.8beta !
Maybe a little too sharp, now :whistling: ... :D
hehe, too sharp
your link in the first post doesn't work anymore

Tuesday, December 16th 2008, 9:40pm

Fixed !
As I use to sharpen my panos with photoshop, since they turn under flash10, it's aliasing +++

Tuesday, December 16th 2008, 11:05pm

RE: Sharp loss in center...

Hi, I notice a sharp loss in the center of the screen (clearly visible with small details : http://www.parispherique.com/panos/bourb…ne/balaine.html
Great tour! Did you hand code all those hotspots and the map? Did you use the editor as an assistant? Or do you have a custom program to do the hotspots for you?

Tuesday, December 16th 2008, 11:31pm

My tour isn't finished yet, as you can see ! Some sphericals are missing...
Yes, I hand code my mappoints pixel by pixel after approximating their position on the map :D

Tuesday, December 16th 2008, 11:54pm

I'm still pretty new with the hotspots. So instead of hand coding every mappoint, do you think it would be faster and better to use an imagemap instead like in Dreamweaver or even make a fake map in Photoshop and have the coordinates ready? There must be an easier way since there is no GUI to handle this.

Wednesday, December 17th 2008, 9:23am

Maybe with the map and 'toshop... But I think the coordinates won't be the same (in kr, it's from right to left for x, and from top to bottom for y)...
But I don't care, it's part of the game ;) !

Wednesday, December 17th 2008, 6:56pm

Hi,

maybe this is a small help:

Wednesday, December 17th 2008, 7:09pm

...and my aliasing :D ?

Wednesday, December 17th 2008, 7:16pm

the aliasing can't be fixed in the viewer...
...maybe it helps to create a addtional multiresolution level with a lower resolution...

Wednesday, December 17th 2008, 7:20pm

Ok thanks ;)