You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to krpano.com Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Tuur

Sage

Occupation: Krpano custom coding / Virtual Tours / Photography / Musician / Recording engineer

Friday, November 22nd 2013, 1:55pm

Ok, part 2 hotspots..

i made 2 scenes.
scene 1 with an hotspot/plugin.

it loads the next scene but only for one eye.
to load the other eye, close the changed one and find the other /same hotspot and click again..
http://www.virtualtuur.com/3D/test/

how can we change them both at the same time?
i tried some with javascript but it's to much for me i think.
Do you have an example for that so we can learn? *w00t*

Another question.
Is there a way to use key code's when in fullscreen?

Tuur *thumbsup*
http://www.virtualtuur.com

Tuur

Sage

Occupation: Krpano custom coding / Virtual Tours / Photography / Musician / Recording engineer

Tuesday, November 26th 2013, 4:39pm

Hi,

how can we change them both at the same time?
Via javascript,
e.g. in the xml:

Source code

<!-- shift the hotspot to left on the right display and to right on the left display for a 'pop-out' effect -->
<style name="skin_hotspotstyle" url="skin/vtourskin_hotspot.png" scale="1.0" edge="top" oy="0"
   	distorted="false"
   	onloaded="if(side == 'right', set(ox,-10), set(ox,+10) );"
   	onclick="js( js_sync_hotspot_onclick(get(name), get(linkedscene) ) );"
   	/>

<action name="do_hotspot_onclick">
	tween(hotspot[%1].scale,0.25,0.5);
	tween(hotspot[%1].oy,-20,0.5);
	tween(hotspot[%1].alpha,0,0.5);
	looktohotspot(%1);
	loadscene(%2,null,MERGE,BLEND(1));;
</action>

and in the html:

Source code

function js_sync_hotspot_onclick(hotspotname, scenename)
{
	var krpano1 = document.getElementById("krpanoLeftEyeViewer");
	var krpano2 = document.getElementById("krpanoRightEyeViewer");

krpano1.call("do_hotspot_onclick(" + hotspotname + "," + scenename + ")");
	krpano2.call("do_hotspot_onclick(" + hotspotname + "," + scenename + ")");
}

I will provide soon a full example for a stereoscopic virtual tour with hotspots and user-interface.

Best regards,
Klaus

Tuur

Sage

Tuesday, November 26th 2013, 5:00pm

Thanks Klaus!

Great!

I like to have some reactions on the quality of these un-editted 3d pano's..

Anybody?

I havent seen too many of these so...

Tuur *thumbsup*

Tuesday, November 26th 2013, 5:27pm

I like to have some reactions on the quality of these un-editted 3d pano's..
Your 3d pano itself are looking very fine on the Rift - I just wish the Rift had more resolution...

Monday, December 2nd 2013, 11:07am

Hi,

here an example for a complete stereoscopic 3D Virtual Tour:

View
3D-TV SBS
Version
View
Oculus Rift
Version

This stereoscopic 25-pano virtual tour of the Indian Meenakshi-Sundareswara Temple here was provided by Aboorvasamy Sureshbabu / view360.in - special thanks!

See also here for an extended version of this tour: http://3d.view360.in/tv

Technical details:

The tour shows how to synchronize the left and right viewers for a complete virtual tour - every time when something should be changed in the viewer (like loading a new pano or animating an user-interface element), a call to an external Javascript function will be made and then this functions sends that call back to the both viewers - so both viewers will always do the same. Please see the html and xml files for details.

Additionally the hotspots and user-interface elements were positioned slightly different for the left and the right viewer - the elements on the right viewer were moved a bit to left and the elements on the left viewer a bit to right - this was done for a slight 3d-pop-up effect. Technically this was done by changing the 'ox' value in the onloaded events depending on the current side (determine by the 'side' variable which was passed from html).

The Oculus Rift examples were also slightly updated - there it's now possible to rotate the pano left and right with the keyboard arrow keys.

Get the updated steroscopic viewer examples here:
http://krpano.com/stereo3d/#download

Best regards,
Klaus

Tuur

Sage

Monday, December 2nd 2013, 2:51pm

Great!!

such i a pity i just gave back the Rift to his owner.. *angry*

Tuur *thumbsup*

Tuesday, December 3rd 2013, 2:37pm

It's very cool! Thank you!
But for some reason, the panorama that opens not the fullscreen, and little visible at the edges of the screen. Look at the picture:

Why is this so?

ParK

Beginner

Wednesday, December 4th 2013, 11:57pm

It s wonderfull !! Amazing ! it works perfectly !

i Live in Paris and i have an oculus rift. I know how to make panorama 360 stereoscopic pictures, in each eye, i use GoPro cameras, i tried yesterday with the Arc de Triomphe and it s quite good... but for virtual tour, i understand... nothing.

I want to do the same with my pictures than the Madurai Temple tour. Is there a tutorial or something for beginner like me who want to become a pro like you ?

Thank you

Monday, December 9th 2013, 8:17am

Hi,
But for some reason, the panorama that opens not the fullscreen, and little visible at the edges of the screen. Look at the picture:
Why is this so?
Regarding to your screenshot it seems you are using the old Opera browser (with the Presto browser engine) - this browser has sometimes buggy HTML5 fullscreen - this is the reason. Try using the latest Opera or Firefox or Chrome as browser, they have better HTML5 fullscreen support and should also perform better.

I want to do the same with my pictures than the Madurai Temple tour. Is there a tutorial or something for beginner like me who want to become a pro like you ?
There is no special tutorial for that, but here a full example for downloading is provided - there only the images need to be replaced:
http://krpano.com/stereo3d/#top

Best regards,
Klaus

Tuesday, December 17th 2013, 8:07am

Hi! If you add sound (<plugin name = "soundinterface" ....), then the sound is loaded twice, turns echo. How can I fix it? Thank you!

Thursday, December 19th 2013, 8:30am

Hi,

use the 'side' variable that was passed from the html to decide inside the xml if the sound should be played or not.

e.g. instead of just

Source code

playsound(...);

do:

Source code

if(side == 'left', playsound(...));

Best regards,
Klaus

Thursday, January 9th 2014, 2:13pm

Thank you, Klaus!

When loading videospot (<hotspot name = "video1" ....), video plays in only one half. How to run video synchronously in both panoramas?

Birdseye

Trainee

Thursday, January 9th 2014, 7:16pm

Hi,

I have the same problem as Tuur has with that difference that I added a button (plugin) to toggle the music on or off. Is there a possibility to sync the buttons if one of the two sides is pressed?

Update: never mind, just discovered some errors in the code, I will post the tour again when these are fixed.

Yvan

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Birdseye" (Jan 10th 2014, 6:07am)

Friday, January 10th 2014, 9:51am

When loading videospot (<hotspot name = "video1" ....), video plays in only one half. How to run video synchronously in both panoramas?
That example isn't intended for videos. Syncing two videos is problematic.
Here a special krpano version with special/direct support for that usage case (stereoscopic videos) would be required. I'm planing such version, but currently the version 1.17 has more priority.

I have the same problem as Tuur has with that difference that I added a button (plugin) to toggle the music on or off. Is there a possibility to sync the buttons if one of the two sides is pressed?
Yes - try externalize the logic to Javascript like in the Indian-temple example above. See the html and xml files of that example.

Best regards,
Klaus

Monday, January 20th 2014, 5:48pm

Get the updated steroscopic viewer examples here:
http://krpano.com/stereo3d/#download

Hi Klaus,
the oculus tour of the indian temple are awesome! But there is nowhere an example of a tour... Could you provide us with this?

Best
Markus

PS: When viewing the tours the headtracker craches after 2 or 3 changes of location (via hotspots) I'm using win8 and firefox 26... Did you realize that as well?

Thursday, January 23rd 2014, 8:51am

Hi,
But there is nowhere an example of a tour... Could you provide us with this?
The indian temple examples is a tour!
Or do you mean a tour example to download?

Did you realize that as well?
No. A browser should never ever crash - but if it crash then the problem is the browser itself or something related to it, e.g. buggy or too old graphic card drivers might be involved there.

Best regards,
Klaus

ParK

Beginner

Tuesday, March 11th 2014, 5:58pm

Hello,

a new questions about stereo virtual visit.

I want to use a VRase or a Durovis Dive system instead of oculus because the price is better for me... My question is: is it possible to run the oculus examples like the indian temple on an android system ?

thank you

Arsdezi

Intermediate

Wednesday, March 12th 2014, 5:19am

AAA! I want this mask-glasses! *cool*
Give at least try)))
*g*

Tuur

Sage

Tuesday, March 25th 2014, 11:25pm

... Facebook bought oculus ...

I'm not sure what to think.. but i hope fb doesn't make the same mess as with fb...

Maybe we should go sony?

Such a pitty oculus did that. It gives too much power to fb and also we lose another great fresh entrepreneur..

Tuur *unsure*