You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to krpano.com Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Thursday, November 27th 2008, 8:20pm

Nadir "saw-toothed"

Hi !
I've got a problem with my nadirs... All saw-thoothed... The only solution is to zoom in around ~50°. So, my signature isn't clearly visible around 70°(egg : http://www.parispherique.com/panos/bourb…harolaises.html)
Is the problem known and gonna be fixed in later versions ?
Regards

David

Saturday, November 29th 2008, 8:42pm

Hi,

I know this problem, it's a bug of the flashplayer, at very small triangle sizes (the whole panorama is splitted up into many small triangles), it only renders a "pixeled" area, the new flash10 renderer don't have this problem anymore, there this should look okay,

but can also convert your spherical image to a cubical one, there this problem doesn't happen!
spherical images unfortunately can't be rendererd perfect at nadir and zenith areas with flash capabilities,
it would require a pixel-per-pixel rendering, but this is not possible in flash.

best regards,
Klaus

Sunday, November 30th 2008, 12:08am

...the new flash10 renderer don't have this problem anymore, there this should look okay...
Do you mean with the next version of kr, optimized for flash 10 ?
May be I'll put my signature somewhere else ;) ...

Sunday, November 30th 2008, 9:41am

yes, with the next krpano version,

but anyway - I recommend using cubical panorama images,
with them a better quality and performance is possible,

best regards,
Klaus

Monday, December 15th 2008, 5:33pm

Ok, it's far better with 1.0.8beta, but still not perfect... Maybe with the final version, or flash11 :D !

Tuesday, December 16th 2008, 8:20pm

to make it pefect use cubical panos

Tuesday, December 16th 2008, 9:43pm

I prefer tiles ;) !

Tuesday, December 16th 2008, 11:11pm

you can use tiles also on cubical panos