• Hi

Not good with xml/html but in my tour would like to have text pop up when mouse cursor on top of a hot spot. Using krpanotools-1.16.7.

I would also like to have popup text for the thumbnail at the bottom of the screen for navigation (created automatically by krpano)

Thanks in advance *smile*

Bellow is the tour.xml —

• Hi! There's no sense to edit the tour.xml. The standard vtourskin.xml with "skin_hotspotstyle" (which is the style for your hotspots) and "skin_addthumbs();" action (action which generates thumbs) should be altered instead.

You will have to play with the vtourskin.xml located in "krpanotools/templates/xml/skin. This file is automatically used by the MakeTour droplet, as far as I understand.

Regards,

Alexey

• HI Alexey

Thanks for your thoughts, but I am a total nob. As I understand you are referring to the thumbnails that are generated by krpano. My primary goal to is to add text (hover) on the hot spot.

Adding text (hover) to thumbnail will be my next priority.

Here is the link to the tour: Townhome

... and here is the vtourskin xml -

Can you show me where and what code I need insert to make that happen?

Thanks in advance.

• However, there's a more simple way *tongue*

If you want to modify the standard vtour.xml template so that it is automatically added to every tour you create with the MakeVtour droples, just do this:

1) open vtour.xml in the folder krpanotools/templates/xml
    2) find these lines:

and set tooltips_thumbs="true" and tooltips_hotspots="true"

and that's it *tongue*

Regards,

Alexey

• Hi Alexey

First I want to thank you for pointing out a very smart way to customize "vtour.xml" so that all future tours will have preconfigured xml file!! *tongue*

Secondly, your method workes as mentioned, but only with "tour_editor.html". When I link the scenes with hotspot, both thumbnails and the hotspot shows up the label within title="" tag. But when done, if I open the "tour.html" the popup text does not show anymore?!! I am sure I am doing something wrong. Please guide me so I can fix my error.

I noticed that both "vtourskin.xml" in (in vtour/skin/) and the "tour.xml" in the vtour folder, they both contain the following —

Isn't that going to conflict? Just wondering.

Thanks for your help.

• Hi!

If you open vtourskin.xml you'll see this line before the skin settings:

Code
    <!-- Global Skin settings (can be overridden in the 'outer' xml) -->

That means that your settings specified in the vtour.xml file should override the settings applied in the skin. I think that you just should make sure that vtour.xml has correct settings.

Regards,

Alexey

• Based on what I think you said, I edited the "tour.xml" to [tooltips_thumbs="false"] and [tooltips_hotspots="false"] and the "vtourskin.xml" to [tooltips_thumbs="true"] and [tooltips_hotspots="true"]

That did not help, the onhover text is not showing by opening "tour.html"! What am I doing wrong? *unsure*

• OK, fixed that, here is "vrtourskni.xml"

and ...

Here is "tour.xml"

Still no luck! What is wrong?

• OK, I am testing this on my laptop and I was looking at the difference between the two html (tour_editor.htl tour.html).

changed

Code
    <script>
    		embedpano({swf:"tour.swf", xml:"tour.xml", target:"pano", html5:"prefer", passQueryParameters:true});
    	</script>

to

Code
    <script>
    		embedpano({swf:"tour.swf", xml:"tour.xml", target:"pano", html5:"never", passQueryParameters:true});
    	</script>

in the tour.html and both thumbnail and the hotspot started to show!!!

I guess onhover text doesnot work on iPad/iphone right? How can I make it work on computer but also loads html5 (without the onhover text, or is there a way to do that on idevice?) on advices?

• Oh, well I now see what's the reason:

The vtourskin.xml in its actions uses the SHOWTEXT function, and it is only Flash-compatible.

See here:

http://www.krpano.com/docu/actions/#showtext

That's why there's no wonder that you see the tooltips with "html5="never" because Flash is used instead.

If you open krpano-1.16.7\examples\xml-usage\tooltips you'll find the html-5 compatible solution. This must be used to update your default skin to have the tooltips also in html5 onover-compatible devices (i.e. desktops and laptops).

Regards,

Alexey

• Any luck getting tooltips working in both Flash and HTML5?

I found the tooltip example, and have tried inserting the code below into tour.xml (as generated with the default skin for Make Vtour Multires droplet). Unfortunately, no go.

Can anyone offer any pointers??

Thanks!!
    Djuna

• to yoshiharra

first you run the module tour.xml and there is a description of Skin_settings
    This Skin_settings - right, it is allowed to show the inscriptions of your hotspots and previews
    but in the starting module tour.xml there are including module vtourskin.xml, which is also present 2nd Skin_settings - WRONG
    so you are replacing the already present and correct values tooltips_thumbs and tooltips_hotspots (true) to incorrect values (false)
    your must delete 2nd, wrong Skin_settings - then will be all right

Serge

• Thanks so much for the speedy replies!

To be redundantly sure, I have my skin settings as follows in both vtourskin.xml and tour.xml -

Code
    tooltips_thumbs="true"
    tooltips_hotspots="true"

This gets my tooltips working fine in Flash, thanks to the default showtext() action in vtourskin.xml:

Code
    <style name="skin_hotspotstyle" 
     onhover="if(skin_settings.tooltips_hotspots, if(linkedscene, showtext(get(scene[get(linkedscene)].title),SKIN_TOOLTIPS)) );"

Where I'm still having trouble is the HTML5 implementation. I'm trying to copy the example provided by Klaus in krpano tools 1.16.8/examples/xml-usage/tooltips, which works like this:

I take it the 'tooltip' style provides HTML5 functionality. I doubt my need to add the 'tooltip' layer as it calls on Flash. Anyway, I've tried with and without this layer with the same same results -- working Flash tooltip, broken HTML5 tooltip.

Here's what I have now for my hotspot tooltips -- basically the default settings, plus my efforts to Frankenstein the HTML5 functionality:

From vtourskin.xml (defaults):

From tour.xml:

Still no go in HTML5.

Worried I might have some conflict between showtext() and the 'tooltip' style functionality, I turned off showtext() for hotspots in tour.xml with the setting tooltips_hotspots="true".

Still no go in HTML5.

See for yourself at:

http://djunapix.com/blog/wp-conten…iwatu/tour.html
    http://djunapix.com/blog/wp-conten…hiwatu/tour.xml
    http://djunapix.com/blog/wp-conten…n/vtourskin.xml

For testing purposes, I'm trying a static text tooltip. Of course, the best solution would be one that returns the linkedscene title dynamically as part of the hotspot or tooltip style, within the skin template. Would I make this as an addition to the style 'skin_hotspotstyle'? Bascially I want to add an HTML5 version of...

Code
    onhover="if(skin_settings.tooltips_hotspots, if(linkedscene, showtext(get(scene[get(linkedscene)].title),SKIN_TOOLTIPS)) );

Any handholding to show a noob like me those ropes would be MUCH APPRECIATED! *thumbsup*

Thanks!!
    Djuna

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!