Big problems IOS 7 safari on ipad

• Hello!
    We use another web content with the krpano tours and it also takes 100% of height and looks buggy in horisontal position of iPad. Could somebody show which code must be in html or js to make the workaround?

We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience.
    Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

• Hi,

just using krpano 1.16.7 or higher should be enough,
    but note - the automatic krpano fixes can only work when krpano is directly embedded into the html page - when the viewer is embedded into custom nested html structures the viewer can't resize itself anymore to correct the iOS 7 bug...

Best regards,
    Klaus

• iOS 7 is giving me headaches too. Especially on the iPhone, where the bars blocking almost half of the screen *thumbdown* No idea what Apple was thinking while developing it. Am I right that there is no way yet to minimize at least the url-bar, or switch the tour to fullscreen on iOS7?

BR
    Nupsi

• Hi,

just using krpano 1.16.7 or higher should be enough,
    but note - the automatic krpano fixes can only work when krpano is directly embedded into the html page - when the viewer is embedded into custom nested html structures the viewer can't resize itself anymore to correct the iOS 7 bug...

Best regards,
    Klaus

Thank you Klaus!
    It's clear with krpano, but I open js gallery from
    krpano virtual tour. The gallery is in other html + js files, not in the tour. It is intended to take 100% width and
    height, and it shows the bug in new Safari. Connected to this bug "window.innerHeight" is 20 px less than "window.outterHeight". I tried to set my container's height to innerHeight, the full page in this case is more than the screen and scrolling is activated. So I wonder, how did you adapt the krpano script that 100% height is 100% height?

We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience.

• Hi,

Am I right that there is no way yet to minimize at least the url-bar, or switch the tour to fullscreen on iOS7?

Yes, the no programical way to minimize or remove them.
    But there is a no fullscreen mode in iOS 7 by rotating the iPhone to landscape mode.

So I wonder, how did you adapt the krpano script that 100% height is 100% height?

The krpano viewer has internally already a complex system for checking and correcting the pano size depending on different devices and browsers, so this fix itself was only a small addition - basically the viewer is checking if the panos was embedded with 100% height and if the pixelheight of the pano html element is larger than the window.innerHeight - and if yes, it is using the window.innerHeight size as pano height instead of it's default/normal one and additionally it enables an automatic 'scrollTo(0,0)' mechanism to scroll the page to the correct position in this situation.

Btw - today I've got a response from Apple that my Bugreport about that problem was duplicate from an other bug, so maybe this means that the bug will be fixed in one of the next iOS 7 releases...

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Thanks Klaus!
    I'm trying to do the same but didn't get success yet. Will dig into.

• Hey Klaus,

any news on the fullscreen-mode under iOS7? I got the first negative replys from my customers, that the bars are blocking far too much of the tour and never minimize like they do on normal webpages *unsure*

Best regards,
    Nupsi

• Hi,

any news on the fullscreen-mode under iOS7?

Sorry, but what news do you expect?
    There is nothing that could be changed by HTML/Javascript (that means by krpano).
    Only Apple itself would be able to change here anything, so I would recommend complaining there as much as possible.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Klaus,

¿Do you have an specific apple mail to direct the complains? I'm having lots of issues with the new fullscreen mode on safari in iOS7 and I'd like to write them. I just think that it would be better if we could all direct the modification requests to the same account, so they could follow our case.

Regards

Luis

• Do you have an specific apple mail to direct the complains?

Haha, that would be nice but unfortunately no - I can also only write normal bug-reports and report/discuss them in the Apple developer forum.

But my experience with Safari-related bug reports to Apple, is that there are typically no responses and unfortunately also no fixes. ALL bug reports that I have ever send to Apple (from iOS 3.x and up) are still open and the bugs itself are also still there .

So I don't think there will be a fix for this soon from Apple, maybe one day with iOS 7.1 or iOS 8.0...

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Ok Klaus, but then I don't understand what were you refering to:

Zitat

I would recommend complaining there as much as possible.

You meant complaining in the developer forum or where?

In the end doesn't surprise me their lack of response, they must have a huge amount of complains everyday specially with their brand new "iOS7" which seems only to rivalize in bugginess with their brand new "OSX Mavericks". It's a shame, fullscreen mode is an impressive feature for a VT but as it is now it's just like their beloved founder would say: "shit", even for normal webpages, it's such a badly designed update.

Hope this guys come to their senses soon and do recover the great fullscreen mode from previous iOS versions.

Regards

Luis

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!