combobox menu items let pass clicks under them

• Hi,
    When setting capture="true" to the combo box plugin, the button itself captures the clicks and element behind don't receive them, but clicking on any menu item let pass the clicks, as if capture was "false".
    I need the menu items to block any clicks. Possible?
    Thanks

• Here is an example.
    The combobox is at the top and loads panos with different type of data/image.
    The fov and point of view need to stay same when loading new pano.
    My panos are setup to be able to be zoomed in by clicking.
    When choosing a new pano from the combobox, the pano underneath catch the click also and zoom in.
    I don't want that, I need the combobox to capture the click.
    I tried a few things like setting a var to true when cliking on the combobox and not doing the mousup action for zooming in when this true is detected in an if statement but it doesn't work because probably the mouseup is caught at same time as menu is clicked.
    I also tried to create a plugin that is just an image covering the area of the combobox menu when opened and set it up to capture the clicks. It does, meaning when I click in the area I have no zoom in, but with menu open, clicking on a menu item, even with that block underneath, it is like the block doesn't exist anymore and click goes trough and I have a zoom in.
    I downloaded the source flash combobox document to have a look if I could do something there but I don't know actionscript so no idea how to achieve that.
    Please someone help.
    http://www.highres.factum-arte.org/svf_lr/

• Hi,

hmm... that's a bit a difficult case, the combobox element itself is a standard Flash one, I will check it, but I'm not sure if it will be possible to block the flow of the click event there...

A workaround might be eventually by temporary setting (e.g. for 0.5 seconds) a flag in the item onclick,
    e.g.

Best regards,
    Klaus

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!