masked textfield issue

• i have used the masked text field in a website I am making for a local restaraunt. it works how it is supposed to except i had to make the width 350 instead of 450. i also made the mask 320 instead of 420. the textfield displays correctly but the text inside still looks like it is using the 450px setting it does not wordwrap correctly and I cannot find anywhere to make an adjustment. the site design was based off of bulp example. i had one of these in the working a while back but put it on the back burner and brought it back for this project.

http://www.virtualnorthland.com/panos/valentinis/blank.html

click on the daily special link and you will see what i mean. the text there is set to be centered.

• BUMP someone help! please test this code the text wraps outside box still and i see no settings to adjust.

<!-- MASKED TEXTFIELD with scroll buttons -->

<!-- scale9grid scaled textbox image -->
    <plugin name="textbox" url="textfield.png"
    align="center" edge="center" x="0" y="0"
    scale9grid="5|5|12|55"
    width="300"
    height="300"
    visible="false"

/>

<!-- the textfield itself -->
    <plugin name="text" url="textfield.swf"
    parent="textbox"
    align="lefttop" x="10" y="10"
    background="false" borderwidth="0"
    html="data:testtext"
    css="p{color:#000000; font-family:Arial; font-size:12;}"
    autosize="left"
    mask="textmask"
    onclick="set(plugin[textbox].visible,false"
    onhover="showtext(Click to Close)"
    />

<!-- textfield mask to maskout hidden/out-scrolled text -->
    <plugin name="textmask" url="box.png"
    parent="textbox"
    align="lefttop"
    x="5" width="280"
    y="5" height="280"
    />

• Confirmed... it will not work as you have it.

I used the samples that came with the beta 8 download and see exactly what you mean.

However, it can be corrected easily.

add a height and width attribute to your textfield plugin...

Code
    align="lefttop" x="10" y="10" height="###" width="###"

Sorry I didn't fill in exact numbers... but start with them as the same values you have for the textmask plugin and tweak from there.

edit:

Hmmm... when adding both height and width, the scrolling got a bit choppy. When I just added a width attribute (no height declared), the scrolling was smoother. However... the tweens used to move the textfield up / down will need to be modified so that everything is shown. I added a good amount of gibberish text.... and the existing tween didn't move the textfield far enough up to show the full text.

Hope this helps.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!