restrict viewing angles?

• Hi guys

i have a box generated vtour pano giving me an effective 360 degree viewing angle.

i view this on my ipad using the gyro plugin.

Question - how can i restrict the viewing angle? ie, how can i, for instance, just be allowed to view the pano maybe 80 degrees either side of my starting position and maybe 45 degrees elevation up and down?

thank you

• thanks Klaus, but i need help further. i pressume the xml file i need to amend is the vtour.xml file?

my existing view line reads - <view hlookat="0.000" vlookat="0.000" fovtype="MFOV" fov="80.0" maxpixelzoom="2.0" fovmin="80.0" fovmax="80.0" />

i tried adding what you said but the pano gave me a black error screen. how and where exactly do i add your additions? and what are those dots you added for ( <view ... ) ?

again, please stick with me here is this isnt natural to a lot of people out there. and yes, i have read the files and tuts, but they're not easy and straight forward to implement if you've not prior understanding and experience.

thanks

• Well... these dots mean that Klaus just skipped to write all that comes before "limitview". That said, your line should be:

Code
    <view hlookat="0.000" vlookat="0.000" fovtype="MFOV" fov="80.0" maxpixelzoom="2.0" fovmin="80.0" fovmax="80.0" limitview="range" hlookatmin="-80" hlookatmax="+80" vlookatmin="-45" vlookatmax="+45" />

It's pretty easy! *smile* Note: I'm not a coder also, I'm interpreter. And what Krpano REALLY requires is - always inexhaustible ATTENTION. to every detail. That's the secret, I suppose *tongue*

Regards,

Alexey

• thanks again guys, all works a treat now.

Alexey - yup, it's fairly logical and i'm trying my best to get my head around it. It is fairly understandable, but as you say, the devil is in the detail. you need to type out lines and commands EXACTLY in the right place and position with no errors in any of the characters. thats where i'm falling over.

what would be wonderful would be a user interface that helps new inexperienced users with all these things. i've learned a lot over the last week or 2 and changed a load of code lines i never expected to. but even so, it's a shame all of this cant be made easier with a nice basic user interface meaning the adjusting of code lines isnt necessary.

• Fantastic thread everyone, thanks!

I have typed in the proper text to restrict the viewing angle and it seems to work, mostly. I notice I can still orbit ALL the way around if I am holding the mouse button down, but once I let go it snaps back to the numeric value I had typed in to restrict it.

Is there a way to keep the user from being able to continue viewing past what I put in for a restriction?

Thanks in advance!

-Greg

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!