Are Linux tools missing files?

• Hello all, this is my first post in the forum. I've started to use krpano technology 2 days ago and i must to say it's a fantastic product. I can see it's very well designed, documented and the examples are just brilliant. It will fit really well in my future projects.

But i have some questions, i've seen in the win32 and macosx tools packages there are available all the config file, template files and all the dropplets. But with the linux package i can only see the basic tools (kcube2sphere,kencrypt,kmakemultires,kmakepreview,kmaketiles,kprotectcl,ktransform).

I've copied the templates folder to my unix tools folder and i've tried to run one custom script to create a simple pano, but i don't know why it doesn't work.

Here's my syntax using one of the win32 config files with the unix tools:

# ./kmakemultires -config=templates/singleswf.config pano_{l,r,b,d,u,f}.jpg

kmakemultires 1.16.8 (build 2013-09-27)
    - using config: singleswf.config
    ERROR: no input images

What does it mean the error? I've tested another tools llike kcube2sphere or kmaketiles with the input files pano_{l,r,b,d,u,f}.jpg and it worked ok.

Besides, why is the reason why there isn't the dropplets and the template folder in the linux package?

Thank you very much. I hope i will be able to use krpano with all the power very soon :D

• I've already discovered how to use the config files with multires on linux, it seems i need to use one spherical image instead of the 6 cube strip images, that way it will create the output.

So... it's not possible to use directly my cubestrip images with kmakemultires? I assume after the conversion of my cubemap to spherical using kcube2sphere i would lose some quality... wouldn't i?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!