here below the news and release notes about krpano 1.19-pr13:
here below the news and release notes about krpano 1.19-pr13:
- There is a new (but still simple) Virtual Tour Editor in krpano. This time as HTML5 application and directly integrated into the krpano Tools application and thereby independent of any Browser and Flashplayer limitations.
It provides simple editing capabilities for tours that were built by the MAKE VTOUR droplets:
- Loading and direct saving of xml files (including automatic backups).
- Updating the startup view (looking direction and field-of-view) of the current scene.
- Automatic updating of the thumbnail image when updating the startup view.
- Adding, moving, deleting and linking of 'vtourskin hotspots'.
- Automatic reloading when editing the xml file externally.
Some notes about this Virtual Tour Editor:
- It was designed as direct replacement for the old Flashplayer-based Virtual Tour Editor Plugin, which can't be used directly anymore in many newer Browser versions.
- An other more featured tour-editor is also in work, but that one still needs more time. So the current one is more a temporary solution.
- Nevertheless this editor will also get more features - for the next release there is already a plugin-API in work (for adding custom editing features) and some droplet functionality (tour building and sphere/cube conversion) will be moved into it (especially to bypass some restrictions or problems of the operating system, e.g. like the OSX droplet bugs).
It's now possible to enable optionally a local variable scope for actions.
- That means when defining new variables, they will be only available inside the current action.
- This can help avoiding problems that can happen when using the same variable names in several actions.
Additionally the local variable scope allows an other new feature: passing arguments as variables.
- By that the arguments / parameters passed on an action-call will be available as local variables inside the action.
- This makes the code more readable and especially also avoid problems with string-quoting when using the %NN placeholders for inserting the argument values into the action code.
This is the new syntax for using a local scope and argument variables:
<action name="test" scope="local" args="arg1, arg2, arg3">
For accessing a specific scope there are these new variables / objects:
- global - the global object allows direct access to the global variable scope and is always available.
- local - the local object allows direct access to the current local variable scope and is only available inside a localscope-enabled action.
- caller -- the caller object allows direct access to the layer or hotspot object that has called that action. The caller object is only available inside localscope-enabled actions and when the action gets called from a layer or hotspot event.
- Additionally there were also several smaller fixes and performance improvements (details in the release notes below).
There is a new combobox plugin: combobox.xml
- Fully implemented in xml and thereby available for HTML5 and Flash using the same xml code.
- Easier to customize and to modify for own needs.
- Examples that use the new combobox plugin:
- WebGL textfield hotspots:
- Line- and word breaking rules for Asian languages are supported now (not all special cases for all languages, but for the most common cases it should work).
- Here a test case: WebGL textfield line-and-word-breaking test
- The WebVR API support for GearVR Browsers is working again (in the previous release there was unfortunately a bug that was blocking the WebVR API for these browsers).
- There is now an offline documentation included in the download package.
- There is a new screenshot plugin API (only for HTML5+WebGL). It allows taking screenshots of the current pano view in a custom resolution - and with or without hotspots.
There are new
view.tzsettings for a 3d translation of the pano view. These settings are experimental(!) at the moment and their behavior might change in future versions. The 3d translation itself is only supported in WebGL rendering.
There are new and updated examples in the download package:
- combobox - an example for the new combobox plugin
- cylinder-grid-hotspots - more a tech demo
- demotour-apartment - a tour using same aligned panos and KEEPVIEW
- demotour-winecellar - a tour with an image map
- fisheye-image - shows the direct usage of fisheye images in krpano
- fovtype - a comparison of the foytype settings
- hotspot-extract - extracting distorted hotspots from a pano
- image-gallery- a simple image gallery
- slider-blend-cubes - blending panos by a slider
- snow - snow plugin demo
- splitscreen - splitscreen panos by using the stereo-rendering feature
- New: For loops, array item access by index and the action calls itself are slightly faster.
- New: Autonaming for <action>, <data> and <scene> elements. When no name will be set in the xml, an automatic one will be generated.
- New: debugvar(varname) action - trace details about a variable.
- New: copyattributes(destobject, srcobject) action - copy attributes from one object to an other one.
- New: array.createarrayitem(name) action - directly create array items.
- New: network.viewerpath, network.htmlpath, network.firstxmlpath and network.currentxmlpath variables for getting path information (and optionally also manipulating them).
- New: In action code called by layer or hotspot events, it's now possible to access also object attributes from them (e.g '<layer ... onclick="trace(item[...].name)" ...' - when item was an array object of the layer itself).
- New: There will be more detailed error reporting on action errors.
- New: Scrollarea plugin - new update() action for updating the plugin internals when the the parent layer size had changed.
- New: WebVR plugin - added support for: iPhone 8, 8+, iPhone X, Samsung S8, S8+
- New: The embedding script and krpano Testing Server can now also automatically redirect from local 'file://' urls to the testing server when the krpano viewer files were in the upper folder than the example file itself.
- Change: The MAKE VTOUR droplets don't copy the tour_editor.html and vtoureditor.swf files anymore by default.
- Fix: Using variables from the layer or hotspot caller in calls like 'layer[get(var-from-caller)].action()' wasn't working.
- Fix: When calling variables as actions, check if they contain code and if not check if there is an <action> with the call name.
- Fix: Parse %NN arguments also when calling code in attributes from the caller.
- Fix: The text positions in WebGL textfields were wrong with leading or multiple white-space characters in some browsers in some cases.
- Fix: Dynamically changing the mipmapping setting wasn't working for textfield hotspots.
- Fix: Avoid a 'screen blinking' on iOS when touching a textfield in some cases.
- Fix: The textfield autosizing wasn't working inside containers that don't had width and height set (Flash-only).
- Fix: Distorted textfield hotspots with borders or shadows had an wrong offset in some cases (Flash-only).
- Fix: Polyline=true polygon hotspots had a 3d clipping bug (report).
- Fix: When calling loadxml() keep the xml paths from the previous loadpano() call.
- Fix: Path parsing - don't add basedir to absolute server paths like '/path/...' (Flash-only).
- Fix: The onloaded event of container elements was instantly called on creation in Flash, so setting a custom onloaded event by code wasn't possible (Flash-only).
- Fix: Support passing of null and undefined to Flash via vars/initvars (report).
- Fix: Videoplayer plugin - there was crash on iOS in some cases when switching videos and doing play / pause calls.
- Fix: Bingmaps plugin - the Radar was wronlgy orientated.
- Fix: Googlemaps plugin - updated Googlemaps API version.
- Fix: Scrollarea plugin - the stopscrolling() action stops now also a current dragging from the user.
- Fix: embedpano() - force a black bgcolor for the testing server link text in the error message.
- Fix: A typo in the blending-demo example was causing problems on mobile devices.
- Fix: vtourskin.xml - avoid a 'null scene loading error' when switching the scenes by keyboard during the hotspot animation.
- Fix: Use better file permissions for the files included in the download package for OSX.