after long time (sorry too long) here now a new release: krpano 1.20.10
It's just a minor release, but it's still important because iOS 15 has a few serious bugs that require workarounds.
Btw - why no big new release yet? I'm working currently in parallel on version 1.21 (many changes in the viewer, completely new layer and hotspot internals with more possibilities and features) and version 2.0 (complete new tools and new editing UI) and several parts there were unfortunately more complex than thought and so require also more time than expected. But therefore the new versions will offer also more than planed.
About the main changes in this release:
- The iPhone Fullscreen Mode works again with iOS 15.
- Layer elements with videos were invisible in iOS 15.
- The WebGL depthbuffer accuracy of framebuffers got reduced with iOS 15 and Mac Safari 14 and that resulted in rendering artifacts (or black parts) when using 3D depthmapped panos together with post-processing effects or the WebVR lens-distortion.
- In the default html template the passQueryParameters setting was set to true and that allows passing all kind of things to the krpano viewer by url query parameters. That could be used also for so called Cross-site-scripting attacks and the real risk of such possibility had to be considered rather low, but nevertheless it should be addressed of course. Therefore the passQueryParameters setting had been extended to allow now also only a limited list of parameters that can get passed. The default html template and the vtourskin.xml were updated for this - instead of the 'startactions' parameter, that allowed passing code, now a 'startlookat' parameter with numeric values is used. This prevents that custom code can be passed by url.
Update - 1.20.10 build 2021-10-01:
- There is new build of version 1.20.10 available.
- It uses now a different NWJS version for the Windows version, that one should run on more systems.
- The WebGL depthbuffer accuracy for Mac Safari / iOS 15 was even more improved.
- Additionally there is also new display.depthrange setting for optionally customizing the 3D rendering range (that should fit into the depthbuffer and be visible).
- The embedding setting passQueryParameters=false caused a JS error in the previous release.
- The webvr plugin has now a new wakelock workaround that works also on iOS 15.
- And for the config files there is now a new setting 'outputpath' that allows quickly changing the output folder.
For all changes and more details please see here the Release Notes.