here is the first pre-release of version 1.21:
krpano 1.21 Download
It's ready to use and almost finished, only a few minor features and some examples and videos are still in work.
Many things have changed in this release and some of these changes might require manual adjustments when updating older projects, so in case of updating, please check here the: Compatibility Notes
For more details on all the news and changes in this version, please have a look here:
Release Notes 1.21
Here quick quote from the release-notes summary part:
- krpano 1.21 is a major update with improvements in all areas of krpano.
- In this release, the internals of the layer/hotspot/textfield system are completely new. The system has been redesigned and reworked for better performance and to provide additional possibilities and features.
- The new system provides Automatic Layouts, Editable Textfields, Scaleable Layers, Containers and Textfields, a now built-in Scrollarea, the usage of CSS classes for styling and CSS styles directly defined inside the xml.
- For scene-to-scene navigation there are now nice 3D Transitions with a Motion-Blur effect. They mimic a 3D movement even on normal 2D panos (but can be used on 3D panos too).
A small tool in the VTour Editor for easily creating such 3D Transitions is also included.
- The support for 3D-Models and Depthmaps has also been improved. The loading is faster, it is possible to make 3D-Measurements and to use Collision-Detection when moving around in the 3D-Model or the Depthmapped-image.
- Polygonal Hotpots can now be placed also in 3D-Space.
- The Multiresolution loading is significantly faster, especially on fast network connections by better utilizing parallel loading and parallel processing.
- And there are many many detail improvements.
The documentation for version 1.21 is already updated and available here:
(Note - the version of the documentation on the krpano website can be changed by clicking on the version number in the right-top corner and selecting the version)
Some examples are also already updated to show the usage of a few new features:
- 3D Collision-Detection, 3D Measurements and Right/Middle-Mousebutton controls:
- 3D Transitions with Motion-Blur:
- Demos for the layer features (automatic-layouts, css-usage, textfield-editing):
The final 1.21 release should follow within the next weeks.
Btw - and version 2.0 with the new editor (as mentioned here) should also be ready for a pre-release soon.
Have fun with the new version and best regards,