Beiträge von hfeist

After purchasing a license and downloading the 1.20.9 version I am stumped at the very first creation of a panorama with the virtual tour app.

When I drag the generated panoramas with the mouse they stop at the leftmost and rightmost edges instead of wrapping all the way around in a continuous manner. I would like the left end and the right end to splice with one another.

Is there a setting I am missing?

macOS 11.2.3
    tour-normal.conf

I've been flailing around for days now trying to figure out how to use a language cookie to change maps/plugins/layers dynamically. I've got plugins and lays coming along pretty well but have just bumped up against the map. It seems layers called "map" do not like their name changed to something like "frenchMap" and "englishMap" so I can turn whichever one I want on with set(layer[frenchMap].visible,true). It swaps ok but doesn't seem to function as a map unless it is called "map." Clicks don't open new panoramas as expected.
    So now I'm wondering if there might be a way to dynamically change the layer url somehow. Setting a variable like "mapImage" to say "frenchMap.png" and then trying <layer name="map" url=mapImage doesn't work.
    I seem to be barking up the wrong tree!

I've now got it working by moving the showLanguageBtn() call from the scene onstart

<scene name="scene_GareRilly_pano" title="GareRilly" onstart="showLanguageBtn();" thumburl="panos/GareRilly_2_pano.tiles/thumb.jpg" lat="" lng="" heading="" >

to

<events name="currentpano" onnewpano="showLanguageBtn();" onremovepano="stopsound(bgsnd);"/>

I guess there wasn't enough time for the variable to register

I'm having trouble understanding how variables work

I'd like to use a language cookie to set a variable which I can then use to select which images to display. So to get started I'm testing this code:

the first trace shows the correct variable but the second trace, inside the action, shows that get(language) is null

I'm baffled...

I'm having trouble getting a tour of 5 panoramas to work reliably. When viewed on iPad some of the pans seem to go missing---just a black screen with "loading." No errors reported.
    I notice that some of the generated scenes are marked 'device="flash"' which of course leaves them unavailable on iPad. Is there a setting I can make to prevent this? Or does it indicate there is something about those panos that was detected by the tool making them incompatible with HTML5?

Is the MAKE VTOUR normal tool the way to go or is there a manual technique that's preferable?

I'm working on a Macbook under Yosemite

I'm trying to pass a number of arguments to a javascript function but am having problems figuring out the proper method.

js(display_box(popup.asp?id=2&h=get(toh)&v=get(tov)));

gives a fatal error

if i try to build a string to pass the arguments like so

set(cmd,'id=2'+'h='+get(toh)+'v='+get(tov));

then pass them

js(display_box(popup.asp?cmd=get(cmd)));

the asp file says it receives "cmd=get(cmd)" instead of the string i had hoped for

I'm working on a project where users are asked to click on an HTML5 panorama of a room interior and leave there comments.

i know how to capture mouse.x and mouse.y coordinates where they have clicked and save those to an array to be stored in a database. and i can generate a new xml file from the database contents the next time the panorama is accessed so users can see all the comments so far. however I cannot see a way to create hotspots from those coordinates since the hotspot parameters ask for ath and atv. is there a way to convert x/y to ath/atv?

it would also be nice if i could create a hotspot immediately where they have clicked so they can see where they've commented already as they proceed through their session.

any suggestions?