Beiträge von LeeyaRay

Thanks for your reply, Klaus. The browser engine used by Metro apps is even more restrictive than the stand-alone Internet Explorer. For one thing, it will not run flash or activeX controls, so the viewer must use the html5 version of the virtual tour. BUT, as others have noted, Internet Explorer doesn’t allow html5 to access xml files locally, so it’s not likely that webview would allow it either. Can you think of a work-around at all?

I'm building a Windows 8 Store application in Visual Studio 2012 and trying to display a virtual tour in a WebView in the app. So far I can't get it to display and I think the problem is the links within the html and xml files (based on having a similar problem with other html files in another section of the app). I need to know the correct way to write the direct link. For example, in vtour.html I've got:

embedpano({ target: "panoDIV", xml: "index.xml" });
    and
    <embed src="index.xml" width="100%" height="100%"allowFullScreen="true"/>

and in index.xml I include index0.xml like this:
    <include url="index0.xml"/>

Based on previous experience it should be something like this:

src="ms-appx-web:///Assets/kioskAppFiles/virtualtour/http://vtour.wdgt/index.xml"

but that doesn't seem to be correct, or it might just not be correct within embedpano and/or the include url.

Thanks in advance ...