Beiträge von onish

Hi Zephyr,

I do get it, what you are suggesting and yes that will work too, in a way. But the wallpaper that I have created, in this case, for all the top real estate brokers, they all are 1920x1200 in dimension, so that my interface can work on all the major monitor resolutions. I will have to go with a liquid stage or dynamic stage with your approach while the technique that I want to adopt will have a fixed dimension of flash stage, which will be centered on a html page, all I need is a way to mask krpano. Also, the screenshot I attached is a simple view of what I am trying to do, the interface will have lot of other information and elements along with it, like SlideShow, Video Player, etc, a complete tour delivery system.

I hope I have not started irritating you Zephyr :), I do appreciate your help and time, thanks.

Regards,

OnisH

Hi Klaus,

Unfortunately it didn't worked for me.

Here is what I am doing. In krpano_ready event, I am creating a mask, adding it to Stage and tried to mask image.layer by using two different approaches. In both the cases, the mask gets vanished, as if it was applied, but the image(pano) remains unmasked.

var masking:Sprite=new Sprite();
    var g:Graphics=masking.graphics;

g.beginFill(0x000000);
    g.drawCircle(120,120,100);
    g.endFill();

var display:Object=krpano.get("image.layer");
    stage.addChild(masking);

1) First approach to apply mask:

krpano.set("image.layer.mask", masking);

2) Second approach to apply mask

display.mask=masking

Regards,

OnisH

Thanks a lot Zephyr for your inputs and yes I got a path to masks.xml by viewing the page source of the mask example mentioned by me. Anyways, it turns out that it is not a true masking, meaning it uses blendMode and I would like to Mask my krpano.

You asked "couldnt you mask the container where krpano resides?", the krpano is by default added to the stage and I cannot move it or add it to any other container, Sprite or MovieClip, hence I am not able to mask the container.

If you have any other inputs for me I would greatly appreciate it. I am also waiting for Klaus to give his inputs. I hope I am able to achieve this.

Basically I am creating a virtual tour interface where in there is a header area, middle section with krpano, and a footer area, now the middle section is a non-rectangular interface and header & footer are semi-transparent area, so that the background image gets exposed through it. Kindly see the attached image for a better idea.

Thanks again for your support,

OnisH

Hi,

I would like to know how can I calculate view.hfov without using KRPANO, i.e. without loading the partial pano in KRPANO and reading "view.hfov". I have image.hfov and area.width and area.height. I noticed that view.hfov changes depending on the krpano.area.

Kindly consider the default Partial Pano example that comes bundled with KRPANO. view.fov in the xml file is set to "90".

1) When image.hfov=157.04, area.width=600 and area.height=450, in this case view.hfov is 90.82

2) When image.hfov=157.04, area.width=800 and area.height=450, in this case view.hfov is 107.04

3) When image.hfov=157.04, area.width=1000 and area.height=450, in this case view.hfov is 118.79

Basically I want the formula to calculate view.hfov based on the parameters that I have, area and image.hfov, without loading pano with KRPANO.

This thread might not be valid for this forum as it is not related to KRPANO, but I don't know where else to go and also I will be using KRPANO ultimately to display the pano, but I need to know image.hfov before it gets loaded, for the related elements of the interface to work, like the "play-head".

Regards,

OnisH

Hi,

I am embedding krpano onto a different flash stage, and I would like to mask the viewer area into a non-rectangular interface. Is there any way to achieve this? I tried masking image.layer, but was not able to achieve the expected results. Basically, I want to mask krpano with an non-rectangular shape, for e.g. I would like to know how can I mask krpano with a circle?

Regards,

OnisH

Hi Guys,

How can I calculate the vfov and hfov dynamically for the different panos(partial), having different dimensions?

The online system that I am working on lets user upload all kind of panos (cylindrical, cubic, spherical and flat(partial)), I am loading this images into the viewer dynamically (i.e. creating the krpano xml using PHP and the information is stored in database). All the other types are not a issue but how can I create the partial panos dynamically? I guess I need a right formulation to calculate hfov and vfov.

I hope I was able to explain my problem.

Thanks a lot.