Beiträge von nautama

Hello, I have a very strange problem. I have created a VR Tour (1.19 pr2) and set it to FAKE VR MODE = TRUE. On my PC it works like a charm but in a Macbook Pro it loads pointing towards the floor. Soon I discovered that I could control the viewing direction by moving the whole notebook which seemed quite strange, but more importantly, I couldn't control it with the mouse. So basically the internal motion sensor of the Macbook is taking over the mouse controlling in VR FAKE MODE. I tried disabling the sensor from the system menu but the problem persists.

Hope you can share your ideas on this one.

Alberto.

Hello all, I hope you can help me crack this one. I want to pass my tour's full url into the xml like Klaus has done in this example:

https://krpano.com/examples/10812…nk/getlink.html

I think I have implemented it but I find a strange behaviour, when offline I trace the "js_htmlpath" variable as: 'http://192.168.1.81:8090/index.html' (using the KRpano Test Server tool), but when I upload it into our website it traces it as a very incomplete 'http'. That's all I get.

This is the piece of code I am using inside the index.html container (which is basically the same as Klaus's with very minor changes like switching his http://krpano.swf/js to my already existing http://tour.swf/js or chopping off the parts I don't need):

Inside the xml I'm simply tracing the variable with the aforementioned results.

Thanks a bunch!

Hi there, I'm building a floating hotspots menu, it works like a charm in Firefox (html5-flash) and Chrome (flash), but in Chrome (html5) when clicking several times on a lateral hotspot WITHOUT MOVING THE MOUSE CURSOR, after the view has changed the onclick event doesn't work as it should, instead, sometimes it seems that the first onclick only activates the onover event (the hotspot becomes opaque), but you have to click twice in order to really activate the next hotspot. Don't need to say it makes navigation jumpy and inarticulate. I know this is a web browser issue because it doesn't happen in firefox, but I was wondering if there could be a way to fix this somehow within KRPANO?

Here's the example: http://www.pinturas360.imagen360.com/

Any help will be greatly appreciated, folks. Thanks!

Alberto.

Hello, Klaus, I have been working thoroughly to build a VR version of one of out biggest tours and it's almost done, the problem now is that my 50 scenes (the equirectangular images) when stitched were not aligned in relation to a common geographical north, so if the view is kept you might go in one direction, then change to a near scene and end up looking on a very diferent direction. That problem was solved on the non-vr tour using the variables on the loadscene action to make the new scene look in the appropriate direction depending on where you come from. On VR mode this doesn't work (1.19 pr2), I have tried so many ways of changing the hlookat of a scene without success so I was wondering if this is even possible, so far It looks like the VR plugin always keeps the view and if the scenes do not have a common north then you end up looking in strange directions, I even tried the lookat(); action to force the view to change without anything happening. The question then is simple: is there anyway to manually reset the viewing direction inside a scene in VR, preferably before loading it?

Thank you so much for the tireless efforts and improvements!

Alberto.

Thanks a lot for your dedicated response, Klaus! I don't really know what's going under the hood of the gyroscope-WebVR funcion, I just noticed that on a normal tour I never actually see the image drifting (or haven't seen it) in any way, so that came as a surprise. Also I thought gyroscope calibration wasn't being saved because every time I reload the tour I'm in the need of recalibrating it again, sometimes it drifts very fast, sometimes very slow, sometimes to the right and sometimes to the left. It's a hazy mystery hehe, and I get from your response that maybe there's not much I can do about it.

Thank you very mucho, amigo!

Alberto.

Zitat

Some mobile devices (e.g. very often the Samsung S5) have uncalibrated gyroscope sensors and this is causing a constant unindented moving called 'drifting'.
    The WebVR plugin and also the webvr.xml are offering now a possibility to calibrate the gyroscope sensor to avoid that drifting.
    The calibration itself would need to be done only once and will be stored together with the other VR headset settings in a cross-domain HTML5-localstorage.

Hi, Klaus, regarding this drifting phenomenon, I would like to point out that before getting into the VR world I have never had this problem with the gyroscope plugin in any tour in the devices I have used (iPhone 4s, Galaxy S4, ipod 4 and ipad 3), so why is it happening now?. I should also say that I don't know why but the calibration is not saved in the devices I have used (iPhone 4s and Galaxy S4), other parameters like device and screen size are being correctly saved but not gyroscope calibration. Its a bit akward to have the user calibrate this everytime he or she wants to navigate the VR tour. Thanks!

Alberto.

Klaus, thank you very much for your ongoing efforts in making Krpano the best 360-3d-multimedia-video-panorama visualizer there is, I would say I'm really surprised at all the newest improvements if I wasn't already used to them.

I would like to know if the final release of Krpano 1.19 will allow the use of textfield hotspots and/or textfield layers in VR mode. They would be really useful to let the user know where is he heading before going into a new scene through a hotspot. An example of this happens in the Orbulus android app which you can see in this image here: http://bit.ly/1e4WU8L

Thanks a lot.

Alberto.

Hello there, everyone, I hope you can lend me a hand on this one!

I have implemented media share buttons inside the HTML that contains the tour, they seem to work nicely (of course they go away when I go into fullscreen which is something I can live with) but I would only like them to appear on desktop devices, not tablet|mobiles. Currently they appear everywhere. A workaround I tried was to have a main HTML opening a "prexml.xml" file which basically just redirects and opens a new HTML like this:

Code
    <krpano onstart="if(device.mobile,openurl('index_mobile.html',_self); , openurl('index_desktop.html',_self););"/>

This seems to work but I think it's not a very good programming scheme and perhaps it can have security issues in some browsers. The point would be to have a way to target my <div> share buttons inside the main HTML and make them appear / disappear depending on the device at hand.

Any suggestions? *confused*

Hello, I'm trying to dynamically modify krpano variables from a HTML embed window through JS but don't know how should I do this. The variables I'd like to modify (rewrite) are the "stagescale", which is an attribute of the <krpano> element, and the "mousetype" variable, which lives inside the <control> element. ¿Any ideas on how to achieve this?

When I create de viewer is where I'd like to modify the "mousetype" variable, but since it doesn't live inside the krpano element I have my doubts:

Code
    var viewer = createPanoViewer({swf:"tour.swf", id:"krpanoSWFObject", html5:"always", html5licenseload:false});
    	viewer.addVariable("xml", "tour.xml");
    	viewer.addVariable("stagescale", ".45");
    	viewer.addVariable("simulatedevice", "iphone");
    	viewer.embed("krpanoDIV");

Once generated I'd like to modify the stagescale without reloading the viewer.

Thank yo guys, very much guys.

Thank you very much for the reply, Hernán, the thing is that I don't want to have to go into each layer and edit it with the appropriate style. I would like it to, somehow, make it work from an independent xml, sort of a plugin. I'm guessing I'll have to build a loop that adds the ondown action I want on every single layer of the vtourskin.xml file.

Hello there, I need help triggering an action when clicking over any layer but I don't want to put manually on every layer's ondown event the action because I would like it to run like a plugin which I can save in a different xml and just include it within different tours. Is there any way you can think of to achieve this?, sort of a "ondown" event that works generally over any layer?

Thanks!

Hello all, it's been a while since I posted last so I guess I'm getting better at this, at least mildly.

I'm building an automatic loop for generating image hotspots over existing hotspots when loading a scene, this worked perfecly in flash but in html5 I found some trouble. So, within the onstart event of the scene I assign this loop action:

Code
    <action	name="hs_generator">

for(set(h,0), h LT hotspot.count, inc(h),
    			txtadd(img_hs,get(hotspot[get(h)].name),'_img');
    			addhotspot(get(img_hs));
    		);
    </action>

In html5 this crashes and tells me there is actions overflow. I found that by switching the hotspot.count to another variable I could bridge the problem this way:

Now this works in HTML5 but not in Flash. I'm looking for a solution that can work in both platforms, otherwise I will have to do the unthinkable and build two different actions.

Any thoughts?

Alberto.

Sorry for taking so long to answer, I don't know if it's not working or I'm trying to do something that can't be done: What I want to do is to erase all control buttons completely so I can make my own buttons (zoom in and out): this is my code:

It works for erasing all controls from the iphone simulator, but on the real device the zooming buttons are still there. Any ideas? Tried it on iphone safari and chrome, and on android chrome.

Thank you very much for your answer, Alexey, I tried to implement your suggestion but it failed to work, perhaps I didn't understand you, here's what I did:

<spot name="mapspot" (blahblahblah,settings); onover="set(hovering,true); showtext(Hotel Paradise);" onout="set(hovering,false);"/>

then I tried this:

<spot name="mapspot" (blahblahblah,settings); onover="set(hovering,true);" onhover="showtext(Hotel Paradise);" onout="set(hovering,false);"/>

Both of them worked exactly as before (none worked as expected). I hope you can illustrate me a bit more!

Alberto