Beiträge von Protected

How are you using onviewchange? Do you perform the hotspot manipulation every time the event is triggered? You could try implementing your own minimum interval system, such as a timestamp with the time of the last check (onviewchange would first check if it's been more than X seconds since the last check before doing the heavy stuff) or a plugin that checks the FOV every X seconds and then does the hotspot adding and removal from within itself... Where X is for example 1 second.

In the last step, instead of using System.setClipboard, you can do anything you want with your permanent URL, such as sending it via HTTP to another URL (as in facebook) using Flash's HTTP methods... Sorry if this isn't what you're asking, but as a non-native speaker my understanding of english is limited to only textbook english. I wish my french was better :/

I'm curious, can you explain the options you're looking for in more detail? Including the usage of different gallery instances of the same kind in one tour? Consider I don't know any of the official/commonly used plugins in your explanation, please :P

(Don't interpret this as an offer to work on such a project for now, since I'm extremely busy at this time, but I'll help if I can)

Well, you can put text in the clipboard with System.setClipboard(str);

Assuming you don't want to do any server side scripting, this is the simplest, most basic solution:

* You make all your tour with loadpano, such that the URL never changes during the tour, but you ALSO make one HTML for each pano (which opens each pano directly).
    * You use a common identifier within each xml from which you can derive the name of the required HTML. For example, you can use something like krpano.get("xml.url") and then use string operations to extract only the filename, or you put inside each XML a custom variable containing the corresponding HTML path; For example, inside abcd.xml: <doppelart directlink="abcd.html" /> and then you use krpano.get with that.
    * Once you have the unique html filename, you use string operations to build the full URL and then System.setClipboard to put the full URL in the clipboard.

When the friend of your first user accesses the website through, for example, abcd.html, he will see abcd.html in the filename during his entire visit, however since he will also have the same button he can use to get the URL to any specific position, this is not a problem.

I'll just summarize all the possibilities here:

1) You're using the area tag incorrectly, restricting the viewer area from your XML

2) It's the container's fault:

* HTML page: Check the CSS and containing elements like Jarredja suggested; try using Firebug (a Firefox addon) or Google Chrome to inspect the tree and find out which element is constraining the size of the viewer window.

* Flash page: You must be loading the viewer using something like a Loader then. I don't know what quirks would need to be ironed out, but the problem would still be in the parent swf.

I had requested a full screen screenshot so I could tell whether you were using a browser and the size of the window when compared to the desktop. Assuming you're in a browser, what happens when you resize the browser window?

Please make this clear to me, all this is your experience using the CYLINDER image type? It shouldn't be causing any distortion. If this is unclear to you, you should be using the CYLINDER image type even with your spheres in order to obtain the effect you desire...

...but from my limited experience, you may very well be screwed when it comes to being able to show everything (with black bars) AND still being able to spin around...

I don't know much about javascript, but looking at the documentation you should be able to do something like this:

In your HTML file:

Code
    <script type="text/javascript">
      function getrandomnumber() {
    	document.getElementById("krpanoSWFObject").set("rnumber", Math.random());
      }
    </script>

In your XML in an event somewhere:

Code
    js(getrandomnumber());

would place a random number in the variable rnumber (as in get(rnumber);).

You could then use the same method to obtain a random word. Do you want words from a prewritten text or gibberish?

EDIT: There seems to be a variable called "random" in the xml root, though I don't know what it does. Maybe it returns a different result every time it's read?

You have some spherical panoramas you want users to be able to see all at once without any distortion? :S

Please explain which of your problems apply to spheres and which apply to cylinders. There's a cylinder image type in krpano that should pretty much do what you asked!

Also if possible include screenshots of the projection you're aiming for (from another viewer) *g*

Can you do it manually? Something like: