Beiträge von mrfreihr

Hi,

I use KRPano for several years now (and still very happy with it! :D ) to showcase our 3D reconstructions. As a 3D artist and not a webdesigner, I'm quite stuck about nowadays responsiveness stuff.

I usually design my virtual tours to fit to 1920*1080 displays, and I would enjoy if you could point me in the good directions to make the tours correctly working on smaller resolutions.

Here is a recent example (still WIP, but almost finished), the reconstruction of Michel de Montaigne's library and its writings on the roof : http://www.bvh.univ-tours.fr//MONLOE/3D/mon…/librairie.html

As you can see, it works well on Full HD resolution, but if you resize down your browser... *cry*

Here's attached a screenshot of the landing page of the tour, there's a black layer above (clickable to hide help) and several PNGs disposed on it, using alignements like leftbottom, center, etc. depending on the closest location, with "x" and "y" set with values.

What I'd like to achieve is to automatically scale these elements and keep their positions, depending on the user's screen resolution AND ratio, which might not always be 16:9.
    I read in the documentation and on the forum some stuff like stagescale and so, but as an unexperimented web designer, I don't really get how to use this and I'm not even sure if this would help.
    Also, I read that modifying the width and height (100%) of the div containing the pano is not a great idea.

So, if someone would be kind enough to enlighten me about these issues, I would really appreciate. *smile*

Thanks !

Subsidiary question, Chrome users often seem to have difficulties to load the XML, when Firefox works like a charm. Is that a known issue, or do I miss something ?

Hi,

first of all, thanks a lot for sharing this, this is really helpful. *thumbup*

I managed to make it work only with a few troubles (I'm not a coder, but a 3d artist), and I'm glad to see it also working on the iPad simulator.

The "object" shown is a 3d map, made to be rotated, being watched from several points of view and at different times (scientific project). Now I have to add some informations, that I make appear through clickable layers showing a textfield.
    My issue is that the scrollarea plugin seems to be not working in the iPad simulator.

"ERROR: Scrollarea Plugin - too old krpano version (min. version 1.18)"

So I replaced both the .js and .swf by the 1.0.8 version I kept, no more error message but it doesn't work.
    On Firefox (PC), the scrolling slider doesn"t work anymore.
    On the iPad simulator, there's no content in the texfield and the slider is totally messed up.

Any clues would be most that welcome.

I tried to replace the textfield by a showtext, but I can't get it working correctly (instantly disappears), and my last option would be to replace the scrollable textfield by a simple jpg, but some texts I've been given are quite long...

Thanks for reading. *wink*

Sorry, I answer a bit late (too much work, argh !) : THANK YOU, KLAUS ! *thumbsup*

That's the point I was missing, now I'm able to come back to my pano.

By the way, I'd like to thank you too for the way you support and help your customers through this forum, that's really priceless. *cool*
    (especially compared to the huge company, editor of the 3d software I work with, you can die with your technical bugs and problems, they dont care).

Hi,

I have troubles to "switch" between panos, scenes, xml, etc.

I built a virtual tour, composed of several scenes in one xml file.
    I had to put in it a "map feature", which shows where is the user and that I created with the MAKE OBJECT droplet. The user must be able to make this map rotate, which fully works.
    My tour contains 16 locations, I had to make 16 "objects" with the updated map (dot becoming green instead of red, visible and updated path, etc.), so I have "map01.xml", "map02.xml", etc.
    (This is a full 3D project, so it was really fast for me to create the 16 versions of the object map.)

I put a plugin button to open the map, according to the location.

Code
    loadpano(get(path_map), null, KEEPBASE, NOBLEND);

path_map contains the path to the 3d object "map" xml and I use "KEEPBASE" to avoid keeping the view settings.

All of this works at this time.

The matter is to LEAVE the map, I don't know how to go back to the pano and load the correct scene.

What doesn't work :

-> call directly the scene

Code
    loadscene(get(xml.scene), null, KEEPBASE, NOBLEND);

I tried all the merge flags.
    I tried to call the scene by their attributes name and title.
    (edit : I'm able to keep scene number in a variable and reuse it)

-> call the pano

Code
    loadpano('%SWFPATH%/tour.xml', null, MERGE, NOBLEND);

Same, I tried all the merge flags. The pano is loaded at its first scene, and I can't rotate the view (except atv through the radar plugin).

If I then add the line to load the specific scene, I got the message "scene_xx not found". If I then go back to the map, then back (one more time !) to the pano, I reach the correct scene but I still can't rotate the view... *confused*

I guess I misunderstand something in the loadpano, loadscene, etc. field, I would really enjoy some help to switch from a scene to an external 3d object, then come back to the same scene... *smile*

Hi Klaus,

thanks for your answer. I found the origin of the black stripes, it was my own fault. *thumbdown*

The encoded FLVs have the correct size, but the black stripes have been added by this #&@!* sh@&#*%$t of Adobe Media Encoder. After digging a bit in the deeeeeeeeeeep settings, I got my videos encoded without stripes.

Sorry for this waste of time... *unsure*

Any ideas about the loading of the videos ?
    I'll try the new versions as soon as possible. *wink*

Hi, *smile*

2 questions about the videoplayer.
    In my pano (made in 3D, no photos), I use it to display video transitions between scenes. These transitions are recorded travellings between the locations.

Problem #1 : the videoplayer adds 2 black stripes, on the top and bottom of my FLV, reducing the ratio width/height and making my videos looking crushed.

Here's a screenshot (real size), this sample has a 640*320px resolution.

(Sorry, I had to mask the content of the video).

You can see the 2 black stripes I'd like to remove...

Here's my code :

Code
    <plugin name="videoplayer" url="%SWFPATH%/plugins/videoplayer.swf" keep="true" preload="true"/>

The final videos will be displayed in fullscreen (1024*768), but they're actually crushed and don't look good.

I checked the sizes of the video before and after being encoded in FLV, they're correct. The problem seems definitly to be due to these 2 black stripes.

Problem #2 : I use these videos as transitions between scenes.
    I first tried this order :
    scene 1-> click to go to scene 2 -> load scene 2 -> display video and remove it at its end
    The matter was that during half a second, the scene 2 was visible before the video (of the travelling from scene 1 to scene 2) was displayed.

So I tried this order, which satisfies me more :
    scene 1 -> click to go to scene 2 -> launch video -> delayedcall (load scene 2)
    I use the delayedcall() to avoid the same problem than before.
    The result is good, except one little problem : when the delayedcall() loads the scene 2, the video freezes during a piece of second. The freeze is light but noticeable...
    Would you see a solution to avoid this freeze ?

Precision : my pano won't be online, only a local usage. So I don't care about size and weight of medias.
    I was thinking that it might be possible to preload EVERYTHING in a Flash buffer or something like that, but I don't really know if it's possible and how it works...

Thanks for reading ! *wink*

As I've been asked for explanations on the french forum, I add them here too. *smile*

I'm not allowed to show pictures from the project I'm working on, so here's a random picture from Google : http://www.applyvideo.com/wp-content/upl…illance_new.jpg

Basically, this building would be my site, in which I have several panos, localized by the cameras icons. This frame would be extracted from my "pano" generated through the "MAKE OBJECT" droplet, which allows me to rotate AROUND the building and to have an overall view of it.
    I would like to use it as a map to directly move from a pano to another one, by clicking on the hotspots (here would they be the cameras icons).

Until there, no problem. My concern is that when I make the building rotating on itself (so technically, when I make the frames sequence winding on (/playing, sorry for my english) ), I need the hotspots (the cameras icons) to follow the motion and keep their location on the map.

If, by an incredible way *g* , I'd be able to write an equation to create their elliptic motion, could you please give to me some clues on how to script this (as a function / plugin ? ) and increment the values when I click on the arrows to make the map rotating ?

Thanks. *wink*

Hi,
    I'm making a 3d map using the "MAKE OBJECT" droplet (the purpose is to rotate AROUND it, with hotspots redirecting on the specified scenes) and I'm stuck with the hotspots.
    I'm able to put some, but they stay static when I make the map rotating.

-> Is there an existing tool to automatically move the hotspots quite according to the map ?
    I guess that such a tool would need some datas, like the angle between the camera and the ground, the height of the camera, the position of the center of rotation, etc. (I'm able to get them through my 3d software)

-> An other solution would be to place myself the several hotspots on each frame... but that would be REALLY looooong (10-15 hotspots, at least 60-80 frames...) and the motion may not be smooth.
    Maybe you'd know a solution to interpolate some locations between frames, allowing me to only put hotspots every 10 or 15 frames...

I would really appreciate some help to achieve this. *smile*
    I have to say that I'm not a coder (my last use of Flash was with simple AS1, some years ago). I can understand the logic of coding and tweak the xmls, but not able to develop by myself an external AS3 swf of krpano plugin. *unsure* (for example, I don't even figure out how to make the hotspots to move when I click on an arrow...)