Beiträge von MikeMcFarlane

Hi Aldo

Thank you for the detailed reply. I hadn't realised there was that distinction between the two ways to use JS with krpano. I'm mainly interested in 360video so am probably going to have to learn both languages anyway given the krpano video player is still Flash based.

I had come to realise that an IDE was probably overkill, at least at my skill level, so I'll stick with my current TextWrangler.

Thank you also for the links. I had a quick look at your site, but there is a lot to see, so Monday morning will be coffee and a good look at your site.

Hope you are having a good weekend.

Mike

Hi guys and gals

I would really appreciate some help with this. I read the HTML5 page which gives the impression that I can do pretty much the whole thing in HTML5/CSS, minus some functionality compared to Flash. I'm going to start some design and code today, but some pointers might help.

I also need to pick a decent IDE, I think. I've used TextWrangler in the past for the basic C/Python/XML that I have needed, but think an IDE might make life easier, especially for linking to a repository. A friend recommended Eclipse. Any other recommendations on IDEs?

Many thanks

Mike

Hi
    I've been using krpano for a while, mainly via Kolor Panotour, with some custom XML coding. I have a few ideas for plugins that I would like to develop, mainly for mobile devices. I've read the plugin documentation but am not familiar with either JS or AS. I've just started to learn some JS at w3schools.com as my priority is for mobile usage. I know a bit of Python and C so am not a total beginner, but it's been a few years:-(

Am i understanding the documentation correctly that to write plugins I will need to write JS and AS?

Are there any tools available that would allow 'translation' from JS code to AS, or do I need to suck it up and write both?

If I need AS also, can anyone recommend any good websites for AS learning or reference?

Many thanks in advance.

Mike

Hi
    Thanks, I will try that and report the bug if there.
    Kind regards
    Mike

Just a quick update. I've decided not to use the lensflare in the current pano I am working on so didn't test an older version of krpano. I'm not totally sure I like the overall effect. It's great in video, but it seems a bit artificial on still (even pano) images. It is probably great in the right application. It also seemed to slow the pano down.

no it does not. these are the only setting usable for lens flare

https://krpano.com/docu/xml/#lensflare

Hi,

I'm confused then because if you click 'show/hide advanced settings' it shows the following including alpha:

<lensflare> show / hide advanced settings
    Defines a lensflare (sun).

<lensflare name="..."
    set="DEFAULT"
    visible="true"
    keep="false"
    ath="0.0"
    atv="0.0"
    size="0.8"
    blind="0.6"
    blindcurve="4.0"
    />
    full variable name (read only) type default value
    lensflare.count int 0
    The count / number of all lensflare elements.
    lensflare.visible Boolean true
    Show / hide the whole lensflare layer.
    lensflare.alpha Number 1.0
    Controls the transparency / alpha of the whole lensflare layer.

full variable name (as3 usage only) type default value
    lensflare.layer Sprite
    Actionscript 3 Sprite object of the lensflare layer.
    attribute name full variable name type default value
    name lensflare[name].name String
    The name of the lensflare element (see the name notes).
    attribute name full variable name (read only) type default value
    index lensflare[name].index int
    The index of the lensflare element.
    set lensflare[name].set String "DEFAULT"
    The lensflare set/style to use for this lensflare.
    visible lensflare[name].visible Boolean true
    Visibility of the lensflare element.
    keep lensflare[name].keep Boolean false
    Should this lensflare element be kept or removed when loading a new pano.
    See also the loadpano() action.
    ath lensflare[name].ath Number 0.0
    The horizontal position of the lensflare in spherical coordinates (-180 to +180).
    atv lensflare[name].atv Number 0.0
    The vertical position of the lensflare in spherical coordinates (-90 to +90).
    size lensflare[name].size Number 0.8
    The size / scale of the flares from the lensflare element.
    blind lensflare[name].blind Number 0.6
    The blinding factor - how much will it blind, when you look into the sun:
    0.0=no blinding, 1.0=full blinding (=white screen)
    blindcurve lensflare[name].blindcurve Number 4.0
    The blinding curve (1.0 - 10.0) - it controls the increase of the strongness of the blinding when getting near the center position of the flare.

Do the advanced settings not work for everything, because they def work for some other tags?
    Thanks
    Mike

Hi
    I am experimenting with lensflare and it is just a bit too in your face. I've read the other posts on redesigning the lensflare jpg, but I kind of like the current one, it is just too strong.
    The XML documentation for lensflare lists
    lensflare.alpha Number 1.0
    Which sounds like a great way to make it more subtle.
    But inserted into my code

Code
    <lensflare name="lf0" set="DEFAULT" visible="true" alpha="1.0" ath="160" atv="0" size="0.60" blind="0.40" blindcurve="3.00" />

It shows the following error
    ERROR: unknown attribute/path - lensflare[lf0].alpha
    Does the alpha value work? Or have I done it wrong?
    Thank you.
    Mike

Hi VN2011
    You are like hero! I had keep="true' set in one part of the ecard plugin (ecard_btn), but not the ecard plugin. Added it in and away it goes. I guess I should have read the 'keep' bit in documentation!
    'o' didn't work. Will it be the same on a Mac? Do I need to enable a particular plugin?
    Many thanks.
    Mike

Hi,
    First post, I hope you guys and gals can help. Please assume nothing, I'm a total beginner. Having spent a few weeks looking through XML and creating a few basic tours I know enough to read xml, but not much more.

I've integrated the e-card plugin into a tour I am working on. I have created the tour in Panotour Pro with a customised xml theme that should pull in the relevant bits of the e-card plugin. I have also bought the full version of krpano to get access to all the plugins, but in this tour I have used the license that came with Panotour. I don't think this is an issue as the plugin works initially, but thought I would say just in case.

In the first pano of the tour, the e-card works fine (it's great, such a cool feature), but in subsequent panos (and if I navigate back to the first pano) then the e-card plugin doesn't appear to start ie the 'camera viewfinder' (I guess the swf bit) doesn't appear.
    By accident whilst working through my xml against Falko's example xml I got an error message box up with the following in:

WARNING: unknown action command: plugin[ecard].showecard

(Just as a side question, is there a way to normally show debug information, like an error console? This error box only showed up because I was missing a png for the tour, not for the above error.)

It's like the plugin needs reinitialising or I need to set something on xml complete. I really don't know. I've looked through the code for a couple of days now and can't see anything amiss.

My code is attached.

Thanks in advance

Mike