Beiträge von Aeriscera

I have written a program that contains a model of a 3D environment and now I would like to make a "VR Tour" of my computer's little world using KRPano. I want the program to output something that KRPano (the multirestool in particular) would expect as input but what projection I should use? I'm aware that one can specify the projection as e.g. cylindrical or spherical but I don't know what type of cylindrical (equirectangular?) or spherical (mercator?) KRPano expects.

Can someone tell me what my options are please? You may assume I know how to map a view of a 3D scene onto a sphere that is centred on the viewer's eye.

Thanks,

A

Hi Umalo,

I disagree with your disagreement. I think KRPano is really good and I am a very happy user. I also agree with you about the support available on the fora. However, I feel my original point stands: there is no documentation about how to use KRPano. There are examples and examples can be informative but they don't provide any explanation unless they are documented. There are also pages of reference information but this again is not the same as explanation. It is also true that if someone has plenty of time and is already clever enough, perhaps an experienced computer programmer, then they can make at least a very good guess about how things work based on examples and reference information.

What I would like is (1) for there to be a proper explanation of KRPano that I can read and (2) directions for finding that information. This would be a more effecient use of my time than making guesses based on inadequate documentation and undocumented examples, having to think about how to describe my problems for a KRPano user, typing that up, posting it and waiting for an unspecified time in the hope of an intelligent answer (and remembering to keep checking to see if anyone has replied). I find this irritating and it potentially takes days for every problem I encounter.

I hope these comments are not interpreted as an unconstructive criticism - as I said, I like KRPano. But if anyone asked me "what's KRPano like" I'd have to say "Excellent and very good value for money if you have a degree in computer science and plenty of time to mess about".

A

I've just created my first virtual tour by using the make vtour (multires) droplet. I'd like to add a splash screen. I found working code to do this in the introimage example viz

and pasted it into my tour's XML file just before the final </krpano>. This was a guess that didn't seem to work - the tour starts in the same way as it did before I added the code i.e. with a black screen. I did remember to copy the PNG file to the same folder as my tour.xml.

What am I missing? Do I have to combine the code from introimage with tour.xml's startup() function?

Tour is here: http://www.kilgore.org.uk/hmc/tests/vtour/tour.html

tour.xml follows - thanks!

Hi,

I have a 360-degree panorama that is less than 180 degrees tall. You can see the original here. I am not sure what my options are when I use makemultires. My intuition is to say that it is a spherical shot because it is - it was shot with a gigapan imager and is made from multiple rows. However, when I chose spherical the results were not what I expected - the horizon is curved upwards. The documentation suggests that I can set the vertical viewing direction so I tried setting vlookat to +20 to counteract the curved horizon. That didn't work - indeed it seemed to have no effect at all, irrespective of what value I gave for vlookat.

This made me think that I should have said that the image was a cylindrical one, so I tried that but the results seemed to be exactly the same.

Can someone tell me what I need to do to get a straight horizon please?

Thanks,

Aeris.

Hello Everyone,

A long time ago I made a VR image from a 360 pano which rotated on its own. The image no longer exists and I'd like to reproduce it but I don't know how.

I *think* I made the original using Autopano Tour (and KRPano, of course). AP Tour no longer exists and I can't see an option in the KRPano software for making my VR view rotate on its own. Can someone advise me on how to get what I want please?

Aeris

PS Sorry if this is the wrong forum!

Thanks for the prompt reply.

Unfortunately I think I need help at a more basic level - I have forgotten what little I knew so I was looking for an FAQ-type page on what to do with your licence(s).

Perhaps it is supposed to be as simple as: put your licence(s) in the tools folder before processing like you said, but that didn't work for me - I still get a watermarked display.

Actually I don't know what you mean by "licences" plural. As far as I recall there was one licence which was the krpano.license file.

I have no idea what "embedding" the licence means - but I'm sure I can find out. I'd like to be able to generate non-watermarked displays first though.

Re the original email, I do still have it, but it contains a link to shareit.com which is broken.

Hoping that gives you enough information to get me a bit further!

Aeris

Hello Everyone,

I got the fully-licensed version of KRP at the end of 2009. I got everything set up so that one drag-and-drop did exactly what I wanted and never learned any more. Then I stopped using KRP. Then I trashed my disk with my only copy of KRP. Now I want to start using KRP again and get back to where I was.

I have downloaded the most recent (64 bit) version for Windows and unzipped it into a KRP folder. I tried dragging and dropping a tif image onto kmakemultires.exe as I did before. This works in that I get a .swf of my image, but there is a warning message (in the DOS box that flashes up) and the Flash is watermarked.

I guess that KRP does not think it is licensed. I found a copy of krpano.licence in one of my old projects but am unsure what to do with it.

Can someone get me started again please? I couldn't find a section called "How to license your copy of KR Pano"/whatever in the FAQ.

Thanks,

Aeris