Beiträge von Aladdin_VR

Hi Klaus,

I'm currently having an issue with an embedded distorted video hotspot when i enter the vr mode. I can see on my fake webvr mode on the computer that the left side of the screen places the hotspot slightly in a different position that that on the right of the screen. I've found that this issue is fixed for distorted hotspot images by setting the depth="off". However, this does not seem to work on videos. Any ideas on how I can overcome this issue.

Thanks in advance ;)

Hello all,

I'm trying to play around by creating a bunch of dynamic hotspots of type text on krpano. However I've noticed that they don't seem to do so well on firefox and cause my phone to freeze even sometime :S

Unfortunately, I don't have a live example to show you but if you visit Klaus's example of distorted text hotspots (link below) you can notice that on firefox it bugs and freezes, whereas its' smooth as hot chocolate on chrome

https://www.krpano.com/examples/119/k…id-hotspots.xml

I'd appreciate any help or insight anyone has on this ! *thumbsup*

Hi Everyone,

I got a question regarding the relation of hotspots to a pano. I would like to dynamically create a set of hotspots superimposed on an image, each with a relative distance. However I noticed that when the position of the image changes the relative positioning of the hotspots is inconsistent. I was wondering is there any sort of relation between the ath and the atv. I've noticed that for instance by positining the image from an atv -90 to 90 with increments of 10, and a hotspot at a specific location of on the image also being positioned from -90 to 90, was not at the desired place throughout the intervals and most certainly varied during the coordinates near extremeties. Has anyone thought of a formula or a relation that would always keep the relative distance between both hotspots.

Any help is very much appreciated. Many thanks !!

Best regards,
    A.E *confused* *confused* *blink*

Hi,

Is there a way to preload the n+1 and n-1 Scenes when we are at n scene, such that the display time of the "loading" layer significantly reduces. I am using multi-resolution tours. I've read in the posts before that the we should manually upload the wanted tiles. i'm a bit confused as to how to do this and would appreciate any help.

Many thanks

A.E *thumbsup*

Hi Klaus,

First, Merry Xmas to all of you, I hope you have spent a wonderful time with your loved ones.

I am trying to see how I can create a plugin that acts like the tour editor. I would like to have a plugin that could be able to generate specific hotspots and write it onto the xml. Could you give me any pointers on how I could create my own customised tour_editor plugin please ?

Many thanks guys !

-A.E *thumbup*

This is a newbie question.

But I was wondering why is that when a 360 video is very fluid, while when a 360 pano is being loaded it takes ages to load another pano. My question here is that a 360 video is nothing but a set of successive pano frames/second. Therefore howcome one is quicker than the other.

The origin of this is that when I try to go from a scene to another it takes time loading ? Also another question is whether it's possible to load all the panos at once in the cache to make it more fluid when a user is going from one scene to another, without waiting for the user to click on a new scene to load a new pano each time and request it from the server. *confused* *blink*

Thanks guys for your help. *wink* *wink*

You just need to use the javascript communication

Hi sachagriffin,

Thanks for your prompt reply. That's amazing, that it's doable.

I'm not sure what you refer to by a js communication.But I've had a go at it managed to capture my own lookats using a piece of JS that records the lookats onto a JSON file and executes a PHP which simply writes this onto a file in onto a server. Not sure if this si the right way of doing things.

The thing I am most struggling with is how would I manage from these coordiantes that are recorded every 0.5 seconds to have a friend of mine see exactly what I am seeings. I was thinking of using these as variables and controls the scenes where to lookat. Is there a simpler way of doing such a thing ? *confused* *confused*

Thanks for your response ;)

*squint* *squint*

Hi Guys,

I was thinking of a new feature for KRpano, but wanted to check with you about the technical limitations before my imagination goes wild. Would it be possible to somehow have a functionality where I could click on a hotspot and that would send in real time a link or notification to a friend that would allow them to watch what I am watching. Basically the link would serve as some sort of stream method that would transfer all what I looking at in real time. Cool functionality for sharing VR experiences.

Thanks. *thumbsup* *thumbsup*

Al.

Dear Klaus,

I found where the issue is originating from. This is due to the fact that the onentervr(); action calling the action in the VTOURSKIN executes skin_reloadscene_webvr (); action.

I'm not sure why but this action reloads the scene,over the vr_setup() layers therefore leaving the vr_cursor_enabled always being disabled.

Do you have any idea how we can solve this issue.

Thanks ;)

-Alaa

Hi Klaus,

I managed to find a little issue when entering in VR mode with my phone (HTC 10 ) . For some odd reason when I enter the VR mode the vr cursor is not working. I've looked more into it and found that the webvr_onentervr action checks if the device screensize is unkown and enters the vr_setup(); action. When it does so the first thing it does is set the webvr.vr_cursor_enabled to false. However the vr_setup(); action is not displayed therefore my device's vr_cursor_enabled remains disabled and can't be used to click on hotspots.

What i did to overcome this is to add in the webvr_onenetervr action a vr_setup_close() and vr_setup_save(). which enables back the vr_cursor_enabled setting.

Is this a correct method and are the save and close actions something that should be considered within the weber_onentervr action.

Thanks for your reply ;)

-Alaa *smile* *smile*

Hi,

Until Klaus helps shed some light onto this I've managed to find a way that makes it seem like it's working up until, Chrome decides to support autoplay. (temporary fix)

The logic is to have an event that plays the all the videos on the first touch (using the onmousedown function). Then when navigating to the other scenes, simply play around with the keep= "true" attribute and the onstart="true/false" attrbutes to have the video you would like to be clicked on when in VR to "autoplay".

The idea here is to make use of the first click when the user clicks on the VR headset and take that as a userinteraction to load all the videos required, so when in VR mode we can have a functionality that looks like autoplay.

I hope this could help Piotr.

A.E

Hey thanks for your reply ;)  
    Yes i agree it's weird. I'm assuming since it works on android firefox, it must surely be a chrome issue and not an android one.

I used the same trick with the sound to bypass the need for a user interaction. I set up the onmousedown event to playall the sounds (muted) thus creating the objects, and the onmouseup to stopall the sounds. This preloads all the sound and creates the sound object. Therefore upon wondering the scenes, it remembers the sound objects. Unfortunately, the video is not created the same way since I am calling it off a hotspot.

I can use this method when the videos are on the same scene and make them work in VR mode, but as soon as I go in VR mode and move to another scene, it requires a user interaction.

No of any smart tricks to keep the flow going while changing scenes in VR mode. *tongue* *squint* ?

Best

A.E