Beiträge von Ton den Ouden

I have placed back the video in the reception. It has an alpha value of 0.3.
    In the showroom I have placed a smaller version into the monitor at the end of the table, with an alpha value of 0.1.
    As can be seen, the alpha has no effect.

I hope anybody has any idea how to solve this!

Thanks, Ton

Hi,

I ran into a problem with the videoplayer. I am using the videoplayer as a hotspot and my intention was to give it a lower alpha value.
    The strange thing is that this only works in my first scene. If I put it in any other scene, the alpha setting doesn't work.
    But going from the first scene to another and returning to it again, the alpha value is also gone.
    I have tried every different setting I could imagine, but without any luck. Don't know the version of the videoplayer, but it is dated 16-3-2012.

This is the code I use:

Here is an example that I have put into the first two scenes to demonstrate what it does: correct alpha in the reception, not working in the showroom. And returning at the reception the same problem.

http://www.pro4pics.com/test/rodenstock/tour.html

Thanks for looking into it!

Ton

Thanks Klaus,

I finally found some time to do a number of tests, as I was not sure where to place the 'keep'.

It seems that the 'keep' does work like this, but I still have the problem that the preload is terminated when I click on a hotspot before all has been loaded.

My code for the preload looks like this:

And this is how I embedded the preload command in the scene:

I have only made a preload command for the first three cars in this test: http://www.pro4pics.com/test/den_hartog/tour.html

Thanks for having a look at it!

Ton

Hi all,

I am using the preload procedure as described in the first post. It does work, but I found that it can be interupted by an action and the complete preload then seems to be lost.

Here is the situation where I try to use it: I made a tour for a car dealer who has 3 different showrooms.
    It is possible to look round in every car in every showroom.
    When loading a showroom, I call the preload like this and that seems to work fine as long as it is not interupted:

Code
    <events onloadcomplete="preloadpano2(); preloadauto1(); preloadauto2(); preloadauto3()"/>

But if I click on a hotspot to load a new scene (like any car in that showroom) before all images have completely preloaded I seem to loose all of them.
    And returning to the showroom from the car does not start the preload again as I had hoped.

I wonder if I am doing something wrong, of if there is a better solution.

Thanks for any help!

Ton

Thanks for the quick reaction Klaus!

Yes I am using Safari. And now it becomes clear to me why I have seen Krpano examples that do show the custom cursor.
    This tour is for mobile and tablet use too, so I guess there is no other way to solve this?

Thanks again, Ton

Thanks Sacha,

The main reason was the customer demand for viewing the tours on mobile devices. I think Krpano is the best tool for that by far.
    It also gives a lot more flexibility in programming. The only down side is getting used to the new syntax again, but I am happy with the first results!

Ton

Hi all,

I have just finished my first commercial tour in krpano and I was surprised when I did a check on my Macbook that I didn't get the qtvr cursor, as it works fine on Windows using Firefox and IE.
    There must be something that I have overlooked, but I can't find it.

Any help would be most welcome!

Here is my code related to the cursors:

And here a link to the actual tour: http://www.pro4pics.com/test/Stern/tour.html

Thanks for looking into it!

Ton

Thanks Klaus, that was very helpful!

This is how I solved it now:

Code
    <view hlookat="110" limitview="lookat" vlookatmin="0" vlookatmax="0" fovmax="90.0" fovmin="70.0"/>

That does exactly what I wanted. The vertical movement is locked and by using the fov limiters it can't be zoomed out too much. Nice.
    Coming from another background, the syntax is still very difficult for me, but I am slowly learning.

Thanks, Ton

Thanks, but that is not the solution.

I want viewing inside this range, or even better, disable vertical movement completely.
    My problem is that the given range works completely different on the iPad and on the pc. That seems strange to me.

I am used to work with FPP where I can lock the vertical movement but I could not find something similar in Krpano.

I am using cubes for several reasons, but I want to have the vertical fixed.

To do this, I limited the vertical view. It works fine on a PC, but it does not work on the iPad/iPhone: the result is an extreme zoomed-in image.
    I have tried all kind of things without any result. I must be missing something, but what?

Thanks foor any help on this!

Ton

Is there is a way to disable the full screen command in the context menu?
    I am relatively unfamiliar with krpano and could not find any topic or helpfile explaining this.
    The idea is to have a small demo pano as part of a complete html-page.
    It is not intended to be viewed full screen, as it will be too small.

Thanks for any suggestions,
    Ton