Beiträge von sg63

I've done further testing and found that this now only applies to HTML5 versions of the tour. And it did actually happen with the older version as well.

For reference, this has been tried on Safari (Mac) and iPad - which is how I discovered it was an HMTL5 things rather than Flash.

So, my question now is, how can we get the nadir to fade away at the same time as the rest of the scene rather than before it?

Apologies for the laxity of my own testing!

Thanks,

Hi,

The nadir logo on this tour disappears before the rest of the scene (thus revealing the tripod!) when I click the thumbnails:

http://nm4s.com/tm-tour/

This is using the latest version of krpano.

On the last tour I worked on, http://pgs-archive.co.uk/tour_v2/tour.html , the logo fades at the same time as the actual scene itself. This was built using version 1.0.8.15

As you can see, it's some time since I worked with krpano so may have missed something - there have been a fair number of changes!

The code I'm using is based on the one examples that come with the latest version and is placed directly in the main xml file. The same happens when placed in the vtourskin.xml (with corrected logo url) instead.

The code I used in the previous tour that works is simply:

Code
    <hotspot name="nadirlogo" keep="true"
    url="logo.png"
    ath="0"
    atv="90"
    distorted="true"
    scale="1"
    rotate="0.0"
    enabled="false"
    />

and is placed in vtourskin.xml.

If I replace the new code with the old, the logo still disappears before the scene.

What have I overlooked?

Thanks.

When viewing in Flash - latest version (11.6.602.167), the black & white hotspots on this tour don't work - the pictures don't pop up:

http://pgs-archive.co.uk/tour_v2/tour.html

However it works fine on iPad / html5 etc and it also works fine on a different computer which uses an older version of Flash player (11.5.502.149).

An older Flash version of the tour made about a year ago works fine. This also uses an older version of krpano as well:
    http://pgs-archive.co.uk/tour_flash.html

This version also works on both versions of Flash player as well.

I've checked this on other people's computers as well and it seems that the problem is identical i.e. the newer version of Flash player doesn't work with my hotspots.

Could anyone help, please?

Thanks!

===================
    Solution
    ===================
    I'd mistakenly included type="container" in the layer
    tag. The pop-up layers are just images (jpegs) and although I can't find it at the
    moment, I'm now sure there's documentation telling you that you
    shouldn't do this if the layer is simply an image. I'm still curious as to why this should work in the older version of Flash Player though.
    Apologies for wasting people's time.

Klaus kindly answered this for me elsewhere:

add a: Source code

delete(startscene);

to remove the already set startscene variable,
    e.g. directly in the 'startup' action after using it or directly before the loadpano() call

This works perfectly, so thanks, Klaus.

(Apologies for posting this here as well as a follow up to a previous old thread but I wasn't sure the old one would be seen and there is also a bit of pressure on the job in terms of time. However, it did seem relevant to this section as well so I hope I haven't annoyed anyone.)

I think I may have solved it myself although I'm not sure it's the "correct" thing to do. I'd be grateful if someone could verify that this isn't "bad coding".

In the first xml file, the one that contains all the info at the start of the tour, I had

<krpano version="1.0.8.15" title="" onstart="startup();">

and the default action as set up by the pano tour droplet.

<action name="startup">
    if(startscene === null, copy(startscene,scene[0].name));
    loadscene(get(startscene), null, MERGE);
    </action>

I changed the first line to

<krpano version="1.0.8.15" title="" onstart="loadscene(horseshoe_1);">
    where "horseshoe_1" is the first scene,

and removed the action completely.

This seems to work and isn't throwing up any errors anywhere (Flash or html5) but a concern is that what I've done isn't strictly correct and may have to be rectified for future versions of krpano.

Again, if someone could kindly cast an eye over this I'd appreciate it. And if is correct, hopefully it helps others.

Thanks.

I'm working on a tour divided into sections, each sections requiring its own xml file.

Klaus provided a solution for this a while back but I've since discovered that although it works well in Flash, an error message is thrown up in when viewed on the iPad or HTML5 browser:

ERROR: loadscene() - "scene_exterior" not found

"scene_exterior" is the first scene that loads by default.

This is the case on iPad (ios5), Safari 5.1.7 (using Develop > iPad/iPhone etc options) and Firefox 18.0.1 (all Apple Mac)

With the setting as html5="always" Google Chrome 24.0.1312.57 doesn't show this error but does display black lines at the cube edges.

You can see a simplified version of the problem here - just click the hotspot:

http://pgs-archive.co.uk/tour_test/vtour_exterior/tour.html

xml files are here:
    http://pgs-archive.co.uk/tour_test/vtour_exterior/tour.xml (start of tour)
    http://pgs-archive.co.uk/tour_test/vtour…n/vtourskin.xml (the second xml file ie next section)

And this is the code for the hotspot itself:

<hotspot name="interiorStart" style="skin_hotspotstyle_upNewArea"
    ath="70" atv="6.0"
    handcursor="true"
    onhover="tween(alpha,1);tween(scale,1);showtext(Interior Scene 1 - Day,buttonstyleHotspots);"
    onout="tween(alpha,0.6);tween(scale,0.7)"
    onclick="set(enabled,false);
    set(view.maxpixelzoom,null);
    set(view.fovmin,28);
    tween(alpha,0);
    tween(scale,0);
    looktohotspot(interiorStart, 50, tween(easeOutQuad,1));
    oninterrupt(break);
    loadpano('../vtour_interior/tour.xml', startscene=scene_interior1, IGNOREKEEP, BLEND(1));"
    >
    </hotspot>

The main tour is here so you can see why I'd need several xml files rather than just the one:

Furthermore, if I load (for instance)
    http://www.pgs-archive.co.uk/tour_v2/tour.h…inEntranceNight as the URL, as similar message appears when trying to access the new xml, ie

ERROR: loadscene() - "fulfordMainEntranceNight" not found

(In this tour the arrow with the green border links to a new xml file.)

So whatever the startscene is, whether specified or not, when going to the new xml it appear that the view is trying to find the original startscene whether it was specified or not.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Just when I thought Id cracked it…

This works fine in Flash but I've just noticed that when viewed on an iPad that clicking the hotspot gives the following message:

ERROR: loadscene() - "scene_exterior" not found

"scene_exterior" is the first scene that loads by default.

This is the case on iPad (ios5), Safari 5.1.7 (using Develop > iPad/iPhone etc options) and Firefox 18.0.1 (all Apple Mac)

With the setting as html5="always" Google Chrome 24.0.1312.57 doesn't show this error but does display black lines at the cube edges.

Again, I've not changed any of the code other than stated in my previous post and the links are the same, ie

ath="70" atv="6.0"
    handcursor="true"
    onhover="tween(alpha,1);tween(scale,1);showtext(Interior Scene 1 - Day,buttonstyleHotspots);"
    set(view.fovmin,28);
    tween(alpha,0);
    tween(scale,0);
    oninterrupt(break);
    loadpano('../vtour_interior/tour.xml', null, IGNOREKEEP, BLEND(1)); wait(0); loadscene(scene_interior1,null,MERGE);"
    >
    </hotspot>

The above is an example at it simplest. The main tour is here:

http://pgs-archive.co.uk/tour_v2/tour.html as the URL, as similar message appears when trying to access the new xml, ie

ERROR: loadscene() - "fulfordMainEntranceNight" not found

(In this tour the arrow with the green border links to a new xml file.)

So whatever the startscene is, whether specified or not, when going to the new xml it appear that the view is trying to find the original startscene whether it was specified or not.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Sorry to be a pain, but... I failed miserably. probably down to my incompetence and lack of coding experience.

I've changed my approach slightly but this is still along the same lines - different sections of the project will be new individual tours, eg, linking from an exterior tour to an interior one.

I've tried this and the link from the exterior to the interior results in a black screen although the new thumbnails are visible.
    You can see the example here:
    http://pgs-archive.co.uk/tour_test/vtour_exterior/tour.html
    Incidentally, the thumbnails for the interior do work.

The hotspot is as follows:
    <hotspot name="interiorStart" style="skin_hotspotstyle_upNewArea"
    ath="70" atv="6.0"
    handcursor="true"
    set(view.fovmin,28);
    tween(alpha,0);
    tween(scale,0);
    oninterrupt(break);
    loadpano('../vtour_interior/tour.xml', startscene=scene_interior1, IGNOREKEEP, BLEND(1));"
    >
    </hotspot>

and the only thing I've changed in the exterior skin xml is the addition of the following:

<textstyle name="buttonstyleHotspots"
    font="Arial"
    fontsize="14"
    border="false"
    background="false"
    textcolor="0xFFFFFF"
    xoffset="10"
    yoffset="-10"
    fadeintime="0.2"
    effect="glow(0x000000,1,4,2);dropshadow(2,45,0x000000,3,1);" />

<style name="skin_hotspotstyle_upNewArea" url="icon_arrow_up.png" scale="0.8" alpha="0.6" edge="top" oy="0" />

Everything else is as was constructed by the droplet with the exception of the main folder names (ie vtour to vtour_exterior and vtour_interior). The xml file for the exterior can be found here:
    http://pgs-archive.co.uk/tour_test/vtour_exterior/tour.xml
    and
    http://pgs-archive.co.uk/tour_test/vtou…n/vtourskin.xml

What have I done wrong?

Thanks again for your patience and help.

Wow! Quick response! Now that's what I call service!

At the risk of seeming stupid, where would I make these changes?

Would loadscene(get(linkedscene),null,MERGE,BLEND(1)); in the vtourskin would become loadpano(get(linkedscene),null,MERGE,BLEND(1));

Would the hotspot remain the same? Ie retain the linkedscene="scene_2FulfordMainentrance"?
    <hotspot name="spot1" style="skin_hotspotstyle_up" ath="70" atv="6.0" linkedscene="scene_2FulfordMainentrance2"/>

And where would I make reference to the xml file I'd wish to use? For instance, the target pano currently has the following code (the xml file would be 2FulfordMainentrance.xml):

<scene name="scene_2FulfordMainentrance" title="Fulford, main entrance" onstart="" thumburl="panos/2FulfordMainentrance.tiles/thumb.jpg" lat="" lng="" heading="">

<view hlookat="0" vlookat="0" fovtype="MFOV" fov="120" maxpixelzoom="2.0" fovmin="70" fovmax="140" limitview="auto" />

<preview url="panos/2FulfordMainentrance.tiles/preview.jpg" />

<image>
    <cube url="panos/2FulfordMainentrance.tiles/pano_%s.jpg" />
    <mobile>
    <cube url="panos/2FulfordMainentrance.tiles/mobile_%s.jpg" />
    </mobile>
    </image>

<!-- place your scene hotspots here -->

</scene>

Basic questions I know, but thanks again.

Hi,

Is there a way to load a scene via its own xml file rather than relying on the default setup? The tour was generated by the Make VTour (Normal) droplet.

I need to do this because the tour itself will be large (around 800 scenes) and on average each scene will include 10 hotspots linking to other scenes, photos, audio or video.

Btw, I don't propose to have 800 scenes on one xml file - they'll be split into 20 or so initial xml files, one for each region of the tour (individual buildings, floors, exteriors etc) but I'll also need to load each one from within certain scenes on another files.

If I show you the existing site (not generated by the droplet) which I want to adapt and take further, it might illustrate what I'm attempting to do but with the new layout as provided by the tour droplet: http://www.pgs-archive.co.uk

As you'll see, my ambition far outstretches my knowledge!

Thanks.

Hi,

I've created a tour using the MAKE VTOUR (NORMAL) droplet. I'd like to add an intro image as in the introimage example contained in the examples folder of the krpano package.

The example contains the following code:

<events name="panoevents"
    onloadcomplete="delayedcall(2, if(layer[introimage], hideintroimage() ); ); set(events[panoevents].onloadcomplete,null);"
    />

<layer name="introimage"
    url="introimage.png"
    align="center"
    onloaded="set(alpha,0); tween(alpha,1.0);"
    onclick="hideintroimage();"
    />

<action name="hideintroimage">
    if(layer[introimage].enabled,
    set(layer[introimage].enabled,false);
    tween(layer[introimage].alpha, 0.0, 0.5, default, removelayer(introimage));
    );
    </action>

I've tried adding it to no avail. Should it go in the tour.xml or the vtourskin.xml? I tried both (and made sure the path for the image was relevant). In each case no intro image appeared - but no error message appeared either.

I appreciate this is very basic stuff, so your patience is appreciated!

Thanks.

Hi.

I'm working on a large tour and it's more convenient for people to have the choice to "jump in" at specific scenes rather than at the start so I plan to have a normal HTML landing page which links to the different starting points.
    So if the default opening scene is, say, "the_first_scene", I'd like to create an HTML page which actually starts at "the_fifth_scene".
    How can I do this?
    My coding skills are limited so if you could assume I'm stupid when you reply, I'd be grateful *smile*

Thanks.

--EDIT--
    Just re-read this and realised that I've not really made myself clear: I lack the terminology to describe what I need, I think...

I want to use just one xml file, the main xml file that the main tour uses, the one that is created by the Create Tour droplet and similar to the examples such as "demotour-corfu" in the main krpano dwnload.

So, in the xml I might have:
    <scene name="first_scene" >
    ...etc..
    </scene>

<scene name="second_scene" >
    ...etc..
    </scene>

<scene name="third_scene" >
    ...etc..
    </scene>

<scene name="fourth_scene" >
    ...etc..
    </scene>

<scene name="fifth_scene" >
    ...etc..
    </scene>

<scene name="sixth_scene" >
    ...etc..
    </scene>

...and so on.

But I'd like to send the user to the fifth_scene by writing it in the HTML so when they start the tour, they're starting at the 5th scene, not the default one as in the xml. (There will be around 10 different possible starting points for this tour and not all are relevant to the people who will be using it, hence the need for different start scenes.)

From what I can tell, it might be possible to do this by changing the startscene at the embed stage in the HTML so that the startup action (below) does the rest of the work:

<action name="startup">
    if(startscene === null, copy(startscene,scene[0].name));
    loadscene(get(startscene), null, MERGE);
    </action>

But my understanding of the code needed is woefully lacking.

Again, thanks to anyone who can help.

I've just bought this great product and very reasonably priced.
    My experience of coding is limited so I hope you can help. The tour I'm building has a large number of scenes, many of which will have quite few pop-up images. One page of xml would be impractical so could you please tell me how I can make the hotspots (and thumbnails) load each new scene with its own xml?
    All help's appreciated!
    Thanks.