Beiträge von Joe Rao

Hi Klaus,

We've updated Tourweaver 7 again with Bing Map supported. You're welcome to download it to check if there is still any copied code from Krpano. Just let me know immdiately if it has. You can also send me email directly. Here is the link http://www.easypano.com/download-virtual-tour-software.html.

To all friends in this forum,

I appreciate your criticism and all other objective/subjective comments, but beleive me it was the problem of our developer and our carelessness in scrutinizing the proram before it was released. I have no knowledge of coding issue, but I never allow such thing happening.

I don't want to escalate the issue to the fight between countries as I'm a patriotic Chinese. If you come to China, you will have very different opinions about this country as all the people are working very hard for better life. For the reports about China from different western medias, if you beleive them, they're true; if you don't, then they are telling lies. If you want to judge China, please pay this great land a visit before you make a comment. Thank you.

To further explain in details, I need to quote what one of our developers says:
    "It is the fact that we've quoted some codes for Bing Map in last update of Tourweaver. They are MapTypeControl class, PositionControl class, ZoomControl class, as well as codes related to these three classes, such as functions get_zoom_from_bing_resolution and get_bing_resolution related to ZoomControl class. The fomula Klaus mentions 22 - (4.7438 + 2 * (Math.log(res) * Math.LOG10E) / (Math.log(4) * Math.LOG10E)), and Math.pow(10, (22 - 4.7438 - zoom) * (Math.log(4) * Math.LOG10E) is mainly the approximate relationship between zoom level and resolution in ZoomControl class. I would like to share what we've found about the zoom level and resolution in Bing Map: when the value of resolution is smaller than 1.2, Bing map won't show up. It would be a white screen. According to the definition of resolutions in org.openscales.core.layer.Bing:
    public static const resolutions:Array = new Array(156543.03390625,
    0.07464553542435169);
    When the value of resolution is 1.2, it is at the level between 17 and 18. What's more, the valid levels are 1-17 even though the returned JSON data "zoomMax":21,"zoomMin":1 from MS Bing Map, so it should be ok to modify the response method (zoomin and zoomout) in org.openscales.core.Map class, no need of such complicated formula."

"We will remove all the codes quoted from Krpano Bing Map Plugin."

"In order to use OpenSacles to realize the support of Bing Map and the features supported by Tourweaver, we've digged deep into OpenScales, Bing Map and Google Map, and then we compile our core classes. We would like to share our thoughts here:
    Get to the bottom of the projection relationship of Google Map and Bing Map with reference at http://www.maptiler.org/google-maps-co…unds-projection and http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb259689.aspx. Chinese references: Mercator map projection http://www.blogoutdoor.com/user1/8860/arc…2007/36455.html. The programming conversion among Warp and weft cordinate, Mercator cordinate and QUADTREE cordinate, so the lat and lng of Google Map are needed to be converted to the corresponding cordinate in Bing Map. However, in proj4as of OpenScales, ProjProjection class provides the conversions from wgs84 (EPSG:4326) to EPSG:900913 and from EPSG:900913 TO WGS84(epsg:4326)."

"Refer to OPenScales API documents and sample codes (openscales-as-examples, openscales-fx-examples) so to compile our own Map class."

"We've written TWCsutomMarker class (inherited from org.openscales.core.feature.CustomMarker) to realize the hotspot and radar on map."

"We've written Polygon class (inherited from org.openscales.core.feature.PolygonFeature)to realize the customizable polygonal hotspot in the map."

"OpenScales has provided org.openscales.core.handler.mouse.WheelHandler (used for the mouse rolling control over the zoom in/out of the map) and DragHandler class (used for the left/right and up/down movement of the map). We've found when we roll to the highest leverl with mouse, the Bing Map won't show up but a white screen. When the value of _newResolutio is smaller than 1.2, the Bing map won't show up. _newResolutio is in the zoomIn method of org.openscales.core.Map called by org.openscales.core.handler.mouse.WheelHandler. For the response to DEFAULT_MAX_RESOLUTION, we come to conclusion that the value should be 1.5. "

I've also realized that there are some faulse accusation again Easypano. I hope we can create a fair competition world. We made mistake, but we correct it. However, everyone should be honest in their speech.

This is a world of knowledge sharing. We've never intended to "still" anything from any of our competitors. Please never forget that Easypano is one of company engaged in this industry in the earliest time.

Please never forget 400 patent and the other one for virtual tour creating. We're trying to be better.

Please never understand that this remark is an offense, which is not my intention. Thank you for your understanding.

Joe

This is Joe Rao from Easypano. I'm responsible for all the matters of sales and marketing of Easypano products. I'm hope I'm allowed to make a clarication on this issue.

First, I would like to extent my apology to Klaus, who I respect for his excellent work in providing the awesome panorama player. We've stopped the download of last update of Tourweaver and removed all the related subjects immediately after I've received the feedbacks and investigated into the issue. (Easypano marketing team has no knowledge of code thing)

Our developers responsible for Bing Map have admitted that they had copied THREE TOOLS (PositionControl, ZoomControl and MaptypeControl) of Bing Map Plugin of Krpano but all others are sole Easypano's. They have invested a lot of time in doing the research of Bing Map and it is close to success (OpenScales is an open resource to all developers and they have done a lot research on realizing hotspot and radar on Bing map as well as the class of TWCustomMaker in order to resolve the offset issue of radar scanning, and so on), but unfortunately they committed the wrongdoings in the final stage without prior notification to our marketing team. We're so sorry for what this has brough to you and hope you understand Easypano's stand it's always our goal in providing the best tool with our own propriety to create the virtual tour. No matter what, we'll punish those developers who have stained the Easypano's reputation.

Easypano will release another update supporting Bing Map and open its source code for your review in a few days. As we all know that Easypano has been in the market for more than ten years and we always respect our competitors and their hard work, which push us forward to seek for better solution for virtual tour creating.

Once again, we apologize to Klaus and hope you keep going providing better and better products to all virtual tour users. I think I own you a cup of coffee. Hope we have a chance to meet each other in Photokina 2012.

Yours Sincerely,

Joe Rao

Easypano Holdings Inc.