Beiträge von mclmki

We have made tremendous progress with krpano using straightforward panos.
    We are now interesting in diving into depthmaps so that we can create more "immersive" environments where we can truly walk around in all directions.
    I have been studying the various demos. I cannot seem to find any information on stopping at walls and/or objects within a "room."
    Our ultimate goal is to create a building with 6-8 rooms where we can freely "walk" within and from room to room. It seems depthmaps will accomplish this. But, it seems you can walk through walls and objects.
    Any advice is greatly appreciated.
    Thank you!

I have successfully used Hugin to extract distorted hotspots.
    I am now trying to apply the same concept but for a series of panos.
    I would like to extract the exact same section from a series of 32 panos.
    Is there a way to batch this sort of thing? I have tried doing multiple searches and read through the Hugin wiki and can't seem to find what I am looking for.
    Any advice is greatly appreciated.
    Thanks!

Hi Klaus,

Upon further investigation, you are absolutely correct. The focus outline comes from the content not the iframe.

I am using this library to include a 3d model:
    https://modelviewer.dev/

Here is the issue and the process to successfully get rid of the border:
    https://github.com/google/model-viewer/issues/1720

What led me down the wrong path was, I do not see this border in FF or Safari as reported.

And, what is even more perplexing, is that if I do NOT use an iframe (as I detailed above) the focus border does NOT display and I am NOT applying their fix. That is weird. I do not know what is different between displaying the content via iframe (and seeing the focus border) and displaying the content via raw html string (and not seeing the focus border).

That is definitely weird and not expected.

Just to be safe, I have included their javascript fix and I have seen no ill effects within krpano.
    Thanks!

I just want to reply to my own thread here.

I got tired of messing with the iframe (and other derivatives) and decided to append the entire HTML string to the hotspot instead of appending the iframe and then setting its src.

To do this I tested two use cases:

1) You can write out the entire HTML string within your JS and then use something like insertAdjacentHTML().

2) Or, you can have a complete HTML structure in a separate file and load it via some ajax. I chose to use jQuery load().

Both use cases work perfectly and ultimately get around any nuances of iframes and the such. And, I assume also gets around any deeper cross browser and/or device issues.

I could see no noticeable performance issues on either. Although my test html structure was not very complicated.

Thanks!

Hi all,

I have been using the add_iframe action successfully to add HTML content to my scene. Works great.

https://krpano.com/forum/wbb/inde…&threadID=12516

However, in Chrome and Edge whenever I click on the hotspot to interact with the web content I get a thin black border around it. On mac my co-worker is getting a blue border. In Firefox neither of us get a border at all.

I have tried many different permutations of CSS

CSS
    outline: none !important;

with no success.

Has anyone else come across this and found a way around this border issue?

When I click on and interact with the HTML content the border appears. When I click outside of the HTML and drag the pano the border disappears.

Any insight or help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

I SOLVED IT!

So, I don't really know why it was not working. But...

Within Hugin, I used the MOVE/DRAG tab to center the area of the pano that I needed to extract. By doing that, I was able to use the vertical and horizontal sliders to make the image MUCH smaller than the original.

This produced a much smaller image and it also produced a much smaller hfov value.

Using the new image and plugging in the new hfov yaw pitch and roll values made it work! Same code. Just new image and values.

I am not sure, but this leads me to believe that there is either an image size limit or something odd with very large hfov values.

Thanks!

Once again, such a simple and straightforward solution.

Works perfectly! Thank you!

Do you know if there is a way to have the layer "cover" the pano like you can use

Code
    background-size: cover;

in CSS?

I am currently using

Code
    width="100%" height="prop"

for the video layer. But, if the user resizes the browser to not a 16:9 shape, you can see the scene behind the video.

Thoughts?

Thanks again for the excellent and quick solutions!

Thanks for your quick reply.

Yes, the "calculatePositionFromHuginHfovYawPitchRoll" function is the same one from the link. I just renamed it to conform to our company's camel-case naming convention.

The project that I am working on is a cient project, and I am not sure I have permission to post publicly. I will look into that if I can.

We are using a couple other pixel-perfect hotspot images and videos in the same project and they all work flawlessly.

The extracted image from Hugin is much smaller and squarer on the ones that are working.

This particular one in question that is not working, is very wide and skinny. When I change projection to "rectilinear" Hugins gave me a warning that said "For a very wide panorama try using equirectnagular projection instead." I then chose "equirectnagular" and Hugs gave me warning saying "try setting the panorama prjection to cylindrical to preserver vertical lines."

Again, this one, due to the position of the computer monitor within the pano that we want to align a video on, the exported image is 5756 x 779.

And the hfov yaw pitch and roll are 259, 0, 0, 0.

With the call to calculatePositionFromHuginHfovYawPitchRoll the hotspot completely disapears. With the call to calculatePositionFromHuginHfovYawPitchRoll removed the hotspot appears but is in the wrong position.

Thanks!

I was able to implement your suggestion and it worked great!

Thank you!

I do have a couple related questions/observations on the end result:

At the end of the video, I use loadscene() to display the next scene. However, since the video is a layer, it does not cross fade into the next scene. Is there a way that the video layer can be "part of" the cross fade? It seems layers are "above" scenes?

I tried doing a tween() to fade the video out. But, I see the next scene still loading. I know loadscene() is suppose to have a completed callback, but I can't seem to get it to work.

Thanks again for the great suggestion!

I have used the HUGIN CROPPING Method several times to produce pixel perfect image alignment and even video alignment. It works great.
    The issue I am having is the first time we have encountered this.
    Due to the position and size of the image we want to overlay on the pano, the image exported from HUGIN is 5756 x 779 pixels.
    This is the code we are using to display it:

Code
    <hotspot name="hotspotRoomAPhoto"
                 	url="%VIEWER%/images/tour/room_a/photo.jpg" 
                 	edge="center"  
                 	zoom="true" 
        			 distorted="true"
        			 enabled="true" visible="true"
        			 onloaded="calculatePositionFromHuginHfovYawPitchRoll(259, 0, 0, 0);" />

When we look at the pano in our application the above hotspot DOES NOT display at all.
    However, if I remove the onloaded action the hotspot DOES display (not in the correct orientation obviously - but it does display)?
    Does anybody see an issue with this? Is there a max size or something that cannot be exceeded?
    I am at a complete loss.Thank you!

I did a bit of searching but the topics I found didn't quite match up to what we are trying to achieve.
    We have two scenes, one scene is Room A and the other scene is Room B.

We would like to display a video of the user "walking down a hallway" between the two rooms when the user clicks the hotspot to go from Room A to Room B.

In a perfect world, we would like the video to fill the krpano element of the browser. The video is a standard mp4 file.We have all the assets created,
    I am just at a loss as to how to setup and code this series of events/triggers.

Does krpano have something like this "built in"? Or, should I maybe handle it through custom JavaScript where we display the video on hotspot click and then actual change scenes when the video completes?

Any insight is appreciated.

Thanks!

Thank you!
    i got it to work!
    I had previously had enabled=false which was making me not be able to interact with it using ToolBox.
    Setting enabled=true and I am able to use ToolBox to edit it.
    Thanks again!