Beiträge von centaur

I just wanted to add that as well as being a photographer I am a 3D artist. So many of the ideas that I have would involve using 3D rendered content where individual layers could be produced with alpha channels. This allows for some creative applications that would not be possible using standard photographic panos.

Thanks!

What I had in mind was a simulated parallax. I was imagining that you would set up a set up a series of nested images. The background (deepest) layer would be a solid image, but the closer images would have transparent areas so that you could see through them. The images that were "closer" to the camera would rotate at a higher rate than the BG image. So maybe the BG layer moves at x, layer z=1 moves at x(1.1), and layer z=2 moves at x(1.2).

The ideas I have for this could include:
    -A cityscape with several layers of buildings in front of a sky BG.
    -Foreground layers could be used for fog effects or foliage.

I was also thinking that the image layer's alpha could be linked to the camera's FOV. Which would allow the viewer to "fly through" the closer layers when zooming into the pano. I am not sure if KRpano supports any type of blurring, but if it did, you could also use this to simulate Depth of Field which could be linked to the camera's FOV.

Part of what got me thinking about this was the Holiday pano that you created with the snow effect. I thought that was really great and was thinking of other ways to make the pano experience more immersive and realistic.

Thanks!