krpano HTML5 Multiresolution Support
krpano 1.17 is the first version with HTML5 Multiresolution
View the demonstration examples here or download
and try the new viewer with your own panoramic images.
The new krpano HTML5 viewer offers high-performance and high-quality pano rendering and can easily handle any
kind of panoramic-image size - from several Gigapixel up to Tera- or even Petapixel (1 Petapixel = 1 Million Gigapixel).
Therefore here some examples to demonstrate the performance and the display quality of the new krpano HTML5 viewer.
First here an extremely large full-spherical pano - it is rich in details and invites you to explore it:
Shot from Roppongi Hills Mori Tower
And here a synthetic
1.4 Petapixel-pano for demonstrating the theoretical size-possibilities:
The tiles in this example were generated dynamically on-the-fly on the server.
A Virtual Tour with large Multiresolution images:
A Virtual Tour with Thumbnail and Bing-Maps navigation.
A large Flat-Multiresolution image:
New York Panorama - wide is not wide enough
- Mozilla Firefox (18 or higher)
- Google Chrome (20 or higher)
- Opera (15 or higher)
- Microsoft Internet Explorer (IE10 or higher)
- Apple Safari (5.1 or higher)
- iOS (iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch)
- All iOS devices with iOS 5.1 or higher.
- Android Firefox (22 or higher)
- Android Chrome (18 or higher)
- Android Opera (15 or higher)
- Older Android Stock / WebView-based browsers without WebGL-support are not capable
enough for displaying HTML5 CSS3D Multiresolution panos. There will be graphics errors and instability.
Therefore exclude these browsers - e.g. by using the
devices="androidstock+!webgl" xml devices setting -
and offer alternatives, e.g. like here - links
to alternative Android browsers in the Android Playstore.
- Windows 8 Phones, Windows RT
- Kindle Fire (Amazon Silk browser)