Automated stitching via command line linux?

• Hi,

I'm building a better version of my old panorama CMS and I'm about to implement an automated stitching to it.

Do you guys have done anything like this before and any idea where to start?

My first idea was to use either Hugin or Panorama Tools with Google Compute Engine (high cpu & 14GB ram) but I'm unsure how they will handle colors, blending, HDR etc. without too much user input. Also the shooting technique is my concern. Should it be done like Google does with it's business photos (4x3 bracketed JPG photos with AV settings (f8) ) or is it better it was Camera RAW and normally shooting -2,0 and +2 shoots (all directions with same manual settings, but with bracketing)

Second idea is to put my own Windows or OS X home computer running and I will open some port there and make a cron to check if there are new images. Then stitch them with PtGUI's batch stitcher and ready made template. How can I change the exposure settings etc. there without user interacting the Gui?

Jeffrey's PanoMonkey did that and he used Hugin via command line but I'm unaware of the whole logic that there was behind the system.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!