openurl _blank after delayedcall, wait or lookto on ipad & iphone

• I am trying to do a lookto when a hotspot is clicked then open a specific url in a new window. This works great on windows and android platform without problems. But Mac shows a popup blocked message and on my ipad, the new window never opens. So I tried a simple test using "delayedcall" and "wait". On Ipad nothing happens i.e. no window opens. Same behaviour on iphone, so guessing its an IOS thing. Is there a workaround for this?

Without delayedcall, wait or lookto before openurl _blank works fine on Ipad and Iphone. And Mac does not show a message "popup blocked".

Using KrPano 1.20.9

Thanks for any input.

• Hi,

that's probably the Safari popup-blocker.

Like many other 'security'-related actions that might also only work as direct reaction to an user-event like a click or touch.

That means when opening the url delayed it's no longer connected to the touch of the user and therefore gets blocked.
    Image an script that is constantly opening urls by its own - this is what the browser tries to avoid and blocks.

Best regards,
    Klaus

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!