Spheretocube Issue -infov Option for hfov=360 works not correctly, black line

• regarding version 1.20.11, Linux64

I have a serious issue with krpanotools spheretocube. Works correctly as long as there is no option e.g.

Code
    -infov=360x120/2.5

is specified. As soon as the hfov is given in this option with 360°, a black line remains in the cubefaces at the 360/0° border, e.g. in the up-cubeface. When -infov is not specified, everything goes correctly. I also tried

Code
    -infov=x120/2.5

but this does not work at all as no cubefaces are created.
    I carefully checked my source image and it has no transparency outline, layers or something else that could disturb the process, just a flat psb with a background layer. Tried also other input file formats, and other spherical source files, same issue.

Klaus: I would really appreciate
    *w00t* your help with this as it is blocking my work for now.

Thanks in advance
    Thomas
    https://www.mountainpanoramas.com

Edit: easily reproducable using a full 360x180 sphere source image and setting

Code
    -infov=360x180

Sample result image below, the black line can be found in the up cubeface

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von panotom (23. April 2022 um 10:11)

• Hi,

thanks for reporting!

Yes, this is a bug: when -infov is specified then a partial pano is assumed and then pixels outside the fov range are mapped to black. Otherwise for 360x180 panos the horizontal pixels would warp-around and vertical pixels be limited in range.

This will be fixed in the next release, then the hfov=360 case with horizontal warping will be especially respected also for partial panos.

Best regards,
    Klaus

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!