Unable to show popup on clicking the hotspot

• Hello,

I have created `index.html` page. It has a simple function, which loads the hotspot written in it. The name of the function is function load_hotspots()

Now I have also added the neded code in it, but the popup is not opening, I just want to open simple HTML code from it.

Here is the code of my page, I am also attaching the screenshot of page if needed as how it looks.

Please help so that I am able to open the popup on clicking this hotspot

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hi,

that 'load_hotspot' code isn't very 'optimal'... there are many betters ways to add hotspots via Javascript, but okay, generally it should work.

But a real problem is this part:

Code
    // Call the load_hotspots function when the page loads
    document.addEventListener("DOMContentLoaded", function () {
        load_hotspots();
    });

The Browsers DOMContentLoaded event has no relation to the time when krpano is loaded is ready.

Instead maybe try this - in your 'krpano_onready_callback' function add this code:

Code
    krpano.events.addListener("onxmlcomplete", load_hotspots);

But note - with this, the load_hotspot function would get called every time when a new pano/scene gets loaded.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Thats ok, I changed this but where i need help is, when I am trying to click on the arrow [hotspot] in the image, its not showing me html content in the popup. Can you please help me with the right code here -

In below code I am adding the onclick and then creating the layer, but why cant I see it on click

Code
        // Create the layer with HTML content beforehand
        krpano.call("addlayer(infoLayer_hs471720192);");
        krpano.set("layer[infoLayer_hs471720192].html", "<p>This is some HTML code that will be shown when the hs471720192 hotspot is clicked.</p>");
        krpano.set("layer[infoLayer_hs471720192].visible", false); // Initially hide the layer
    • Offizieller Beitrag

Hi,

type="text" is missing for the layer.

When working with JS, you could do that all also more directly - here a different example code for how to make a popup layer and a hotspot showing it:

Code
    var popup = krpano.addlayer();
    popup.type = "text";
    popup.text = "... your html code...;
    popup.align = "center";
    popup.visible = false;
    popup.onclick = function(){ popup.visible = false; } 

hotspot.onclick = function(){ popup.visible = true; };

Best regards,
    Klaus

• I am almost crashed. Please add your code in the above function
    function load_hotspots() { } , I believe Then i will be able to understand how to do rest of stuff.

I want to see, how are you joining it to hotspot hs471720192

I tried this in the function, but it says Uncaught ReferenceError: hotspot is not defined

• Offizieller Beitrag

Okay, forget and remove the different example code...

I wanted to show a better way to code, but that doesn't mean the example code can be just pasted as it is...

To add the missing layer type in your case and style, change:

Code

to:

Code
     krpano.set("layer[infoLayer_hs471720192].type", "text");
  • worked, thanks a ton. 1 more thing, how do I set its visible false on clicking the "close" text, see image

this is the html code -

Code
        krpano.set("layer[infoLayer_hs471720192].html", "<p>This is some HTML code that will be shown when the hs471720192 hotspot is clicked.</p> <br> <i>Close</i>");

• I added to close and I believe double Quotes are causing the issue -

Here is the complete line of code -

Code
    krpano.set("layer[infoLayer_hs471720192].html", "<p>This is some HTML code that will be shown when the hs471720192 hotspot is clicked.</p> <br> <a href="event:set(hotspot[hs471720192].visible,false);"> Close </a>");

• Without quotes has error, with single has no error but it is not working , not closing on click

here is the code:

Code
    krpano.set("layer[infoLayer_hs471720192].html", "<p>This is some HTML code that will be shown when the hs471720192 hotspot is clicked.</p> <br> <a href = 'event:set(hotspot[hs471720192].visible,false);' > Close </a>");
  • Finally I found the solution::

Here I have called js function like this:

Code
    krpano.set("layer[infoLayer_hs471720192].html", "<p>This is some HTML code that will be shown when the hs471720192 hotspot is clicked.</p> <br> <a href = 'javascript:close_box();'> Close </a>");

and here is my close_box function::

Code
    function close_box() {
        console.log("clicked");
            // Add your code to execute when the "Close" link is clicked
        // For example, to hide the layer:
        krpano.set("layer[infoLayer_hs471720192].visible", false);
    }

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!