© character in HTML5 textfield (or other special characters)

• Hi there:

(I had this question as part of my response to this post about the textfield plugin & how to modify it for html5 devices)

Using the Flash-based textfield, I can just type a © symbol (for instance) into the XML & Flash displays it just fine. Doing this for the HTML5 textfield results in garbage being displayed. Since I can't run things like "©" through the krpano XML, what's suggested as the workaround for this?

Thanks in advance!

• Hey there:

So it appears that making sure the XML document is UTF8 encoded is the probable cause for the garbling of special characters in the XML/textfield output. Sheesh!

I also added an XML doc declaration at the top of xml, but it may not be 100% necessary. At least now it validates ;)

• Hey Boubou:

Thanks! :)

Well, I tried that method of escaping (but that's not really the right way to do it in XML anyway IIRC), with no luck -- I really think the issue was with the document encoding... It all works now!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!