HTML5-Soundinterface crashes krPano on iDevices

• Hello!

The HTML5 version of the krPano sound plugin has a bug, that causes the player to crash.
    To reproduce it, I made the following example (to get the error, do NOT touch the screen of your iDevice after opening the link!).

http://goo.gl/JDQFR

Basically this is just a simple panorama slideshow where each panorama will load another one via a set timer.
    I used 4 panoramas and chained them together. The sequence is this:
    p1 -> 2sec -> p2 -> 5sec -> p3 -> 3sec -> p4

The xml file of the very first panorama contains a node that preloads the sound interface:

Code
    <plugin name="sound" url="soundinterface.swf" alturl="soundinterface.js" preload="true" volume="0.2" mute="false" />

The second one then tries to play a sound (I did this via external javascript):

Code
    krpano.call('playsound(music, sound/music1.mp3, 0)');

The third one will stop the sound:

Code
    krpano.call('stopsound(music)');

Lastly the fourth one is only there to show, that the krPano has crashed (or at least stopped functioning).

The problem is, that iDevices do not support autoplay for audio or video and krPano "fixed" this with using any touch event as a kind of permission to start the playback. When running an automated panorama slideshow one cannot expect that the user will interact with the tour but most likely will just watch the screen. So now comes a panorama that should play a sound, but no user permission is granted. The next pano tries to stop the sound and krPano "crashes".

My iPad throws the following error before quitting the slideshow:

Code
    INVALID_STATE_ERR: DOM Exception 11: An attempt was made to use an object that is not, or is no longer, usable.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!