HDR multires tour with VIDEO TRANSITIONS

• Dear guys,
    finally my new tour is online.
    I worked very hard to obtain these HDR aestethics and integrating the video transitions.
    I am very proud of the results, and I hope you'll like it.
    Enjoy it, details of my workflow coming soon.
    Thanks to everybody in this forum who inspired me and for the precious code hints.
    The place is quite amazing.
    Feel free to ask details and give critiques. It will be much appreciated.

Mattia

http://www.professionalshow.com/images/View360…ART1/index.html

• Nice work Mattia Berti also'm new! see my CHRISTMAS CARD
    *smile*

Elcio Gabriolli

Sao Paulo -Brazil
    RUA Afonso Braz,473
    Sâo Paulo
    BRASIL
    CEP 04623 070

• Congrats.
    I like it very much.
    Very nice place, nice photographer work and nice light.

But the doors and their opening is great!!

Yes, please, reveal the doors technique *smile*
    marty

PS: Funny leg in "signori" room *g*

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von martyhr (16. Dezember 2012 um 14:27)

• Thanks everybody.
    Ok, let's begin with the doors...

The most difficult task to accomplish was matching the videos with the stills regarding shape, colours and resolution.
    I think the shape result is quite good, the colours are almost there and regarding the resolution i obviously had to make some compromises...

The stills are made with a pentax K20D, 10-17 pentax fisheyeZoom @10, 5 shots bracketing +/- 2 stops, RAW.
    The videos with a pentax K5, portrait orientation, same lens and same focal lenght.

I shot the panos, then the videos.
    I stitched the panos, (raw conversion>topaz denoise>unsharp mask>16bit tiffs>ptgui with bracketed output (so 5 layers)>photomatix pro>photoshop with tonemapped + original pano layers, blending them with various modes, some further tweaks>krpano.

Then, opened up the panos in browser> frame the door>screen grab>jpeg loaded in adobe after effects>video on top layer @50% opacity>distort the video with various AE plugins(mesh warp, lens correction...)>color correction in AE with MANY tools> mask and fade in on video to blend with the pano stills.

Videos exported as flash movies (1-3 mb each) and aligned with editor plugin, then manual fine adjustment. Used as distorted hotspots.

About the video resolution, just an automated zoom out if you're too zoomed in when you click on the doors.

Videos are played only if they are fully loaded, otherwise you simply enter another room without seeing them.

Do you think loading times are OK?

@heomin61 : you're right. Map is planned together with part2... coming soon :)
    @ELCIOGABRIOLLI : nice work !

• sachagriffin

First of all, thank you for the appreciation.

Then, about your question: mainly because the panorama part was made starting the job in 2010 with the pentax k20D, which doesn't shoot video at all, and the k5 (which shoots video at 1080p) was unveiled by pentax at the end of 2010.

Anyway, even if both the stills and the video were taken with the same camera, IMHO it would be not easier, because of the huge difference in exposure latidude between the HDR stills and the heavily compressed videos a DSLR is capable of.
    In addition, also matching the shapes would be not so straightforward, because you can't (or I didn't figure out how... ) correct the distortion of a video in the same way you correct the distortion of a pic inside a 360°pano in ptgui.
    What do you think? Different ideas about the shape matching workflow ?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!