problem of "depthmap.background" setting to solve model defect

• I have an obj model whose top has several faces(THis model is an exhibition center. Its top is build very complicatedly ). So, when set "dollhouse" view, I can't view into the model. To solve this problem, I remove the model's top. At the same time, I use pano to provide texture to model and set "depthmap.background=pano" . When I walk in the model, the "background" affects the transition. It looks really unnaturally. How can I solve this problem? Thanks very much.

• Digging up this old thread, I ran into the same problem.

When setting "depthmap.background=pano", the depthmap is clipped at 1000 pixels for the transition.

Here is a screenshot of the depthmap with background="none":

I88ZIBE.png

Here is a screenshot of the deptmap with background="pano"

RNQY0Cn.png

As you can see, in the last image, the depthmap is clipped, probably by the default 1000 depth of the rendered cube/pano. And this in turn causes indeed an unnatural effect when using 3D transitions as only part of the 3D model is used for the transition. I solved it by adjusting the scale property of the <depthmap> tag to make the entire depthmap smaller than 1000 so it always fits the panorama. (scale=1 instead of scale=100).

I saw others "solving" it by creating a sphere around the 3D model, so there is always geometry to display and then you can use the depthmap.background="none" with depthmap.scale=100. But this to me is also a workaround.

Is there a way to increase the depth of the rendered cube/pano? This would make it a lot easier and we can use proper values for the tx/ty/tz of hotspots (instead of converting them to a lower scale).

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!