krpano 1.0.8 beta (Flash10, QTVR, Zoomify, Partials Panos, ...)

• Zitat von klaus.krpano

TOOLS:
    a new GUI tool - kprotect - krpano Protect Tool (not completely finished yet!)
    it allows to:
    - final version will also allow to embed or encrypt any kind of additional file (xml, plugins, images, panos, ...)

Hi Klaus,

This is very exiting tool to protect our content and licenses. I think this is the major advantage of the 1.0.8 beta6

So when you can complete the Embed/Encrypt functions of the this tool? Actually i try to solve these handicaps with the 3rd party programs but if you complete this, it will be awesome! *thumbup*

• Hi, I've fixed this bug now - https://krpano.com/forum/wbb/inde…D=1512#post1512
    and updated the beta download package, please download again if you use QTVR files.

Zitat

This is very exiting tool to protect our content and licenses. I think this is the major advantage of the 1.0.8 beta6
    So when you can complete the Embed/Encrypt functions of the this tool? Actually i try to solve these handicaps with the 3rd party programs but if you complete this, it will be awesome!

Thanks! the next beta 7 will have the embed/encrypt functions

best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi,

thanks, good to know it would work also in Powerpoint!

here are the news for today:

I've now added also the "Pannini/Vedutismo Projection"

see here:
    https://krpano.com/forum/wbb/inde…D=1329#post1329

and here a example:
    https://krpano.com/forum/wbb/../../108beta/pannini/

Tools:
    a the ktransform tool (SPHERE to CUBE droplets) was updated,
    a bug that causes crashing when processing very large images was fixes,

and I added a very first release of a "CUBE to SPHERE" tool (kcube2sphere),
    but note - this tool has no memory management at the moment, that means
    it will crash when the images doesn't fit in memory

have fun with the new Pannini Projection!
    Klaus

• I'm definitely enjoying some of the new features in the b6... but I'm having a problem with the inc dec actions.

When I do an inc and set a max value... and then meet or exceed that value... the variable jumps to -10000000000

In my specific case, I'm moving a plugin.x in increments of 10 to a max 50... and was starting at 5... so I get traces on the x variable as 5, 15, 25, 35, 45, -10000000000

I tried just doing increments of 5... so that I would hit 50 even and get the same result... 45, 50, -10000000000

It also doesn't appear that doing inc in % is working... or I'm misunderstanding what should happen?

• Hi,

Zitat

at this rate I think you should start renaming your releases! *tongue*

Beta 6.1, 6.2, 6.3, 6.4 .... *rolleyes*

I thought about that too, but there were only very small changes/bugfixes and
    I don't want to add even more version numbers

I have made a bugfix update today again, this should be (hopefully) the last before beta 7

Zitat

inc - error when reaching max value

sorry, the short documentation of inc/dec was not correct,
    there is also a fourth parameter - this is the starting value on overflow
    e.g.

Code
    inc(plugin[name].x,10,50,5);

Zitat

Truelly excited with the new features. Klaus, are you using twitter. I'd like to follow for such updates.

sorry, no twitter at the moment

best regards,
    Klaus

• I will a add a possibility for the new soundinterface plugin to allow also playing "directional sound"

Excellent!
    ...Any thoughts on when?

For me, this would be possibly the most important new feature, something I would be able to use *immediately* and to great effect. As it is, for this I have to use FPP. But that doesn't allow the 'little planet' projection, which is also surprisingly important for one of my bigger projects... (sigh)

Keith

• playsound(id,mp3file,loops);
      • loops = optional, number of loops, 0=endless, default=1

Really great stuff. But looping doesn't seem *quite* as seamless as I'd hoped; there's a very brief but noticable pause between each loop. Is this expected?

I have five 12.5 second music clips that I'd like to loop smoothly and to switch between on demand. Does anyone have any suggestions? (I'm really blown away by KRPano but I'm also struggling a bit.)

• Hi, my first post here.

Congrats for this very good viewer.

I downloaded the latest (2009.03.02) beta version and made a multires cylindrical pano 50.000 x 7.591 using kmakemultires.

Seems to be an aspect ratio problem with the tiles, either the middle one are stretched or the upper row is taller that sould be, a suddenly jumb in height of the upper part of the pano is noticed when one zoom in and goes back when zoom out (i.e. seems that aspect ration of upper tiles are different from one level to another)

I can provide a test pano but I guess if you make a patterned cylindrical image 360° 50000x7591 then make multires out of it you'll see the behaviour.

cheers,
    Dorin

• that does act strange... if you press the tab key you can see how the levels and rendered areas change (not sure if that is the correct term for what you can see)... either way, it doesn't look like others I've seen.

The key tab act in that way only because it is beta release of the krpano.

cheers,
    Dorin

• Sorry... I should have been more clear... the tab key lets you see the triangles/faces... and with that viewable, as you zoom in / out you can see how the triangles / faces change from one level to the next...

when I've looked at other samples like https://krpano.com/108beta/partialpano_example.html the splits seem to be relatively even as you zoom in... in your sample... it doesn't seem to split evenly as you zoom in.

I don't have an answer as to why... I was just commenting on the subject. *smile*

• Really great stuff. But looping doesn't seem *quite* as seamless as I'd hoped; there's a very brief but noticable pause between each loop. Is this expected?

I have five 12.5 second music clips that I'd like to loop smoothly and to switch between on demand. Does anyone have any suggestions? (I'm really blown away by KRPano but I'm also struggling a bit.)

Sequential MP3 files *always* have a pause between files - it's built into the format. To eliminate the pause you'd need to try a different format.

As for directional sound, I too would love to see this implemented.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!